Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Leafly Job Opportunity Job Page. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
If you are interested in a rapidly growing, nascent space that requires forward-thinking and continuous innovation to lead, look no further.
A career at Leafly combines the excitement and innovation of a start-up with the growth opportunities of a major corporation.
Leafly salaries and benefit packages are competitive, and we promise that you will never be bored: we focus relentlessly on solving challenges for our customers and having fun doing it in our collaborative work environment.
If you have the skills and desire, you will be joining a global team of innovative, passionate individuals on a revolutionary mission to change the world for the better.
What We Look For In Our Subject Matter Expert (SME)
The Cannabis Expert is a mid-level position on Leafly’s Informational Content Team.
They are responsible for generating content ideas stemming from their area of expertise, writing/building/updating articles or resources, pursuing opportunities to expand their cannabis knowledge base, consulting across all departments on relevant projects/product releases, and managing special forms of content, particularly in a specific cannabis topic or niche (e.g., strains, extraction, cannabinoids, etc.).
This role may also require some travel to industry events to serve as a Leafly representative/expert, as well as the opportunity to serve as a media spokesperson for relevant press opportunities.
What We Are Looking For In This Role
Requirements for this position include a deep knowledge of cannabis (with prior experience in the cannabis industry as a budtender, grower, extractor, or other cannabis company employee strongly preferred); previous writing or content creation experience; creative thinking/ability to generate story ideas; strong multitasking, attention to detail, and organizational skills; ability to take direction well; basic to intermediate project management experience; ability to proactively identify opportunities to strengthen Leafly’s informational/editorial content; strong communication and cross-departmental collaboration skills; ability/willingness to occasionally travel; and either previous media experience or the ability to be trained as a media spokesperson.
Here are some of your day-to-day responsibilities:
- Project manage both finite and ongoing content projects such as themed weeks or educational campaigns
- Provide consultation for key company initiatives, and provide fact-checking across content as needed
- Contribute to Leafly’s informational content calendar by suggesting article/content ideas based on SEO data, industry trends, consumer feedback, current gaps in Leafly’s storytelling, and other means
- Willingness to pitch in where needed (e.g., update resources and landing pages where/when relevant, research topics as needed, etc.)
- Write and build articles and resources
- Scripting and/or hosting informational multimedia content
- Forge industry relationships to support Leafly’s ongoing efforts to be an authoritative voice and a partner to industry thought leaders.
- Strong knowledge of cannabis science, strains, extraction, and/or products
- Ability to boil down complex ideas into simple, accessible resources
- 1 – 3 years of experience in writing and/or content creation, preferably at a digital publication or magazine
- Demonstrated ability to maintain poise under stress and to respond to requests quickly and logically
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills
- 2 – 4 years of experience in the cannabis industry strongly preferred
- Experience with WordPress or similar CMS is preferred
- Familiarity with Google suite; experience with organizational tools like Trello and/or analytics tracking like Chartbeat is a plus
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer of employment is extended.