Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Docklight Brands is a pioneering consumer brand company crafting the future of the rapidly-emerging, legal cannabis and cannabinoid industries.
Docklight’s focus is on building lasting cannabis and hemp-derived brands that consumers crave, with a portfolio of brands including Marley Natural, The Goodship, Irisa, Dutchy, and Headlight.
Docklight uses its deep understanding of consumer needs states and category trends to create brands that resonate with consumers and are among the bestselling cannabis and hemp-derived brands on the market.
Docklight was founded by Privateer Holdings, Inc., a Seattle-based private equity firm that invests exclusively in the emerging legal cannabis and cannabinoid industry.
Docklight deploys an asset light business model to scale brands and IP quickly around the world.
At Docklight you’ll have the freedom to flex your intellect and creativity. You’ll apply your skills, experience, and entrepreneurial spirit to a wide variety of projects on a global scale.
You’ll move fast, think on your feet and never be bored. This is a new frontier.
It’s fast-paced and complex, but deeply rewarding for those up to the challenge.Salaries and benefit packages are very competitive.
The office and its unparalleled lake view are among the best in Seattle.
You’ll be appreciated and welcomed as part of our team.
This is your chance to make a lasting impact on the rapidly developing cannabis industry.
Are you ready?
What You Will Be Doing:
You’ll be managing some of the most influential social media accounts in cannabis, with a total audience of nearly one million followers.
You’ll get to partner with social media powerhouses like the official Bob Marley social team and work with pioneering influencers in a brand-new industry.
You definitely won’t be taking orders all day long; this is an opportunity to let your expertise shine and bring your suggestions to the table.
We’re looking for a person to bring just as much energy, creativity and passion to a content calendar as they would to a photo shoot.
Ideally you thrive in fast-paced and quickly shifting environments and feel just as comfortable rolling up your sleeves with creatives as you do presenting to executives.
- End to end ownership of Docklight Brand social channels, primarily Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram from concept to post-implementation analysis
- Lead the development of our social strategy as it relates to messaging, engagement, and content performance and make recommendations to scale to other relevant social media channels
- Manage day to day social interactions for key brands
- Build out content plans and calendars for key brands
- Help guide content creation: input on photo shoots, animated GIFs, and short-form video production
- Use social listening tools to generate insights, report on these regularly to the marketing team
- Create our first-ever social media dashboard, regularly update and present to the team
- Use our management tools to fuel social conversation, respond and excite the follower base
- Tap into community feedback and consumer trends to plan, test and launch disruptive social activations and initiatives
- Work with VIP partners and influencers in the cannabis and music industries
- Track performance of social media campaigns, content, and overall health of the assigned social handles with regular reporting to leadership and stakeholders
- Strong bias for action to drive results and/or improvement plans based on key performance and customer insights
- Ensure consistent brand positioning and tone of voice across all social media channels
- Develop social media best practices and toolkits
- Write short-form copy for posts with a high degree of creativity and alignment to brand voice
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or similar experience
- 3+ years of experience in social media marketing, consumer packaged goods industry preferred
- Exceptional organization skills
- Expert level experience with Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
- Proficient in Sprout Social preferred but not required
- Proven track of record of developing & implementing social media strategy
- Ability to write short-form copy in a variety of brand voices
- Manage multiple projects on tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Bias for action
Please note, only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. Docklight is committed to maintaining a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status will receive consideration for employment. If you have any accessibility requirements or concerns regarding the hiring process or employment with us, please notify us so we can provide suitable accommodation.Please, no phone calls/no recruiting agencies.The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer of employment is extended.