Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Leafly is the most trusted brand in cannabis with the largest audience: millions of people around the world start their cannabis journey with Leafly, and it’s because we are not your typical cannabis company.
Compliance and innovation are equal parts of Leafly’s DNA. We are shaping the global cannabis industry for the better, accessible to everyone, from the cannabis curious to the everyday consumer, building the world’s destination for everyone to discover, find and buy cannabis.
If you are interested in a rapidly growing, nascent space that requires forward-thinking and continuous innovation to lead, look no further.
A career at Leafly combines the excitement and innovation of a start-up with the growth opportunities of a major corporation.
Leafly salaries and benefit packages are competitive, and we promise that you will never be bored: we focus relentlessly on solving challenges for our customers and having fun doing it in our collaborative work environment.
If you have the skills and desire, you will be joining a global team of innovative, passionate individuals on a revolutionary mission to change the world for the better.
What We Look For In Our Subject Matter Expert (SME)
The Cannabis Expert is a mid-level position on Leafly’s Informational Content Team.
They are responsible for generating content ideas stemming from their area of expertise, writing/building/updating articles or resources, pursuing opportunities to expand their cannabis knowledge base, consulting across all departments on relevant projects/product releases, and managing special forms of content, particularly in a specific cannabis topic or niche (e.g., strains, extraction, cannabinoids, etc.).
This role may also require some travel to industry events to serve as a Leafly representative/expert, as well as the opportunity to serve as a media spokesperson for relevant press opportunities.
What We Are Looking For In This Role
Requirements for this position include a deep knowledge of cannabis (with prior experience in the cannabis industry as a budtender, grower, extractor, or other cannabis company employee strongly preferred); previous writing or content creation experience; creative thinking/ability to generate story ideas; strong multitasking, attention to detail, and organizational skills; ability to take direction well; basic to intermediate project management experience; ability to proactively identify opportunities to strengthen Leafly’s informational/editorial content; strong communication and cross-departmental collaboration skills; ability/willingness to occasionally travel; and either previous media experience or the ability to be trained as a media spokesperson.
Here are some of your day-to-day responsibilities:
- Project manage both finite and ongoing content projects such as themed weeks or educational campaigns
- Provide consultation for key company initiatives, and provide fact-checking across content as needed
- Contribute to Leafly’s informational content calendar by suggesting article/content ideas based on SEO data, industry trends, consumer feedback, current gaps in Leafly’s storytelling, and other means
- Willingness to pitch in where needed (e.g., update resources and landing pages where/when relevant, research topics as needed, etc.)
- Write and build articles and resources
- Scripting and/or hosting informational multimedia content
- Forge industry relationships to support Leafly’s ongoing efforts to be an authoritative voice and a partner to industry thought leaders.
- Strong knowledge of cannabis science, strains, extraction, and/or products
- Ability to boil down complex ideas into simple, accessible resources
- Experience in writing and/or content creation (1-3 years), preferably at a digital publication or magazine
- Demonstrated ability to maintain poise under stress and to respond to requests quickly and logically
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills
- Prior experience (1-3 years) in the cannabis industry strongly preferred
- Experience with WordPress or similar CMS is preferred
- Familiarity with Google suite; experience with organizational tools like Trello and/or analytics tracking like Chartbeat is a plus
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer of employment is extended.