Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Tilray Job Opportunity Page. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Tilray is a federally licensed producer of medical cannabis. We are committed to setting the gold standard of care and excellence in our industry.
We believe that commitment starts with a great work environment and benefits for our associates.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Ready to apply your talents to make a positive difference in the lives of patients across the country?
Reporting to VP, Regulatory and Medical Affairs, the Clinical Research Director will develop and manage the clinical research program’s mission and goals, build and oversee the clinical research team and ensure alignment of the research program’s activities with the mission of Tilray.
Serves as the expert on the evidence base for the use of Tilray products for specific indications. Stays current on publications relating to the therapeutic use of cannabinoids.
The incumbent will be responsible for the operational management of the clinical research program, including on-time deliverables to external partners, collaboration with the R&D department on study drug timelines and generation of all documents relating to clinical trials.
The incumbent will be the primary contact person for all trial sites and for all interactions with regulatory agencies regarding clinical trials.
The ideal candidate is highly independent and organized, has good strategic thinking, can adapt to changing priorities, demonstrates good communication, project management and problem-solving skills and works collaboratively and cross-functionally with all relevant teams.
Roles and responsibilities
- Identify strategic clinical trial opportunities, focusing on Phase 2 RCTs, including assessment of indication, jurisdiction, investigator and institution, to support Tilray’s business objectives
- Manage the Medical Advisory Board
- Maintain relationships with key opinion leaders in the field
- Manage participation by Tilray at key research conferences
- Respond to health authority requests in a timely manner
- Provide scientific advice to other departments (Reg & Med Affairs, Sales & Marketing, BD)
- Work collaboratively with and provide input to the Medical Affairs Dept. on non-interventional trials and patient registries
- Generate and maintain up-to-date Investigators Brochures
- Work closely with the legal team to generate Clinical Trial Agreements
- Develop study budgets and timelines
- Manage database to collate all trial data, including dosing, adverse events, side effects and efficacy data
- Procure and manage contracts with third party vendors, as needed
- Develop clinical study reports
- MD or PhD degree in Life Sciences
- Post-Graduate training considered an asset
- Minimum 5 years direct clinical trials experience
- Knowledge and experience working within the medical cannabis research field
- Strong scientific knowledge and background in therapeutic applications of cannabis products
- Willing to travel internationally, approx. 30%