Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with any questions or to apply.
SōRSE Technology is a science and intellectual property company specializing in emulsion technology.
Our clients are both operating in and entering the hemp CBD and/or cannabis space and use our proprietary SōRSE emulsion to provide better and safer hemp CBD and/or cannabis edible and beverage experiences.
SōRSE emulsions are currently found in the #1 cannabis beverage in Washington.
The laboratory technician will support the QA/QC lab by performing testing, instrument calibration, tracking, analyzing, preparing certificates of analysis and reporting on materials, processes and products to ensure they meet the company’s quality standards.
To succeed in this position, you will need to work well individually and collaboratively, detail oriented and be highly organized.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a safe work environment and adheres to company policies, procedures and safety rules
- Analyze samples for a variety of attributes including melting point, turbidity and water activity
- Record, store test results and communicates results to team in a professional and timely manner
- Maintains laboratory data, files, supplies, and calibrate equipment on a regular schedule
- Following SOPs, perform analytical testing including physical and chemical evaluation of raw materials, in process and finished products
- Assist with third party lab testing documentation needs and sample prep
- Assist as needed with raw material receiving process according to established SOP
- Support internal auditing needs by participating in documentation reviews
- Support retain library needs by maintaining a digital library inventory system
- Complete necessary paperwork in a timely and accurate manner
- Stock lab supplies and maintains electronic inventories
- Assist as needed with facilities, space planning, lab safety and sanitation needs
- Other duties and Special projects assigned as needed
- Associate degree in Microbiology preferred or related fields
- 1-year experience as a laboratory technician in a food lab
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
- Strong attention to detail and ability to learn new skills
- Must possess great organization and communication skills
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Experience with using and maintaining manual and electronic systems
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Good interpersonal skills, positive, can-do attitude and an interest in working with teams are required
Equal Opportunity: SōRSE Technology does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection ofvolunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients. SōRSE Technology is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Salary Range: Depends on experience
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Required)
- Associate (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Monday to Friday