Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Tilray is a federally licensed producer of medical cannabis.
We are committed to setting the gold standard of care and excellence in our industry.
We believe that commitment starts with a great work environment and benefits for our associates.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
This is an exciting challenge for a mid-level professional looking to join a rapidly growing, publicly traded company as a key member of the Corporate Accounting team.
Reporting to the Assistant Corporate Controller, the Sr. Corporate Accountant will help lead the monthly corporate close activities, along with preparation of the global corporate consolidation and elimination of intercompany transactions.
Responsibilities also include supporting the financial statement audit/review, SOX internal control compliance, consolidated cash forecasting, and additional ad-hoc duties as required.
Role and Responsibilities
- Assist in leading the monthly, quarterly, and annual close process for the Corporate Accounting team. Prepare and review journal entries and account reconciliations in areas including leases, stock-based compensation, debt, equity, and corporate prepaid and accrued expenses
- Assist in preparation of the global corporate consolidation and financial statements, including elimination of intercompany transaction
- Monitor and analyze accounting data for accuracy and compliance with GAAP, while also providing meaningful analysis on operating results to key stakeholders around the business
- Assist in the cash management process through the review of cash activity and reconciliations, along with the preparation of a consolidated cash forecast
- Identify and implement process improvements to help reduce time to close and automate manual tasks
- Support Assistant Corporate Controller in the preparation for and management of annual financial statement audits, quarterly reviews, and SOX internal control audits
- Assist with creating, updating, and implementing internal controls, policies, and procedures
- Prepare ad hoc analyses and complete other assignments as necessary
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- CPA required
- A minimum of 4-6 years of relevant accounting experience. Candidates with a mix of experience in both a large public accounting firm and large public company strongly preferred
- Experience with complex consolidations in multiple foreign currencies and intercompany eliminations strongly preferred
- Ability to demonstrate technical knowledge and understanding of US GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and controls
- Strong technical skills in some of the following is desirable: leases, revenue recognition, stock-based compensation, debt, and equity accounting
- Possess exceptional interpersonal and communications skills. Candidate must be able to work effectively in a distributed team environment across multiple locations around the world
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment and effectively manage competing priorities
- Must possess strong problem-solving skills and the ability to learn quickly by doing
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office productions required. Experience with a large ERP system highly desirable
Tilray welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.Please note that Tilray does not authorize, engage, or sponsor any consultants, agencies or organizations that seek certain personal or financial information from you (e.g. passwords, login ids, credit card information). Tilray does not charge any application, processing or onboarding fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process.When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly. Please also ensure the Reply-To address matches the sending address exactly.