Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Leafly is the most trusted brand in cannabis with the largest audience: millions of people around the world start their cannabis journey with Leafly, and it’s because we are not your typical cannabis company.
Compliance and innovation are equal parts of Leafly’s DNA.
We are shaping the global cannabis industry for the better, accessible to everyone, from the cannabis curious to the everyday consumer, building the world’s destination for everyone to discover, find and buy cannabis.
If you are interested in a rapidly growing, nascent space that requires forward-thinking and continuous innovation to lead, look no further.
A career at Leafly combines the excitement and innovation of a start-up with the growth opportunities of a major corporation.
Leafly salaries and benefit packages are competitive, and we promise that you will never be bored: we focus relentlessly on solving challenges for our customers and having fun doing it in our collaborative work environment.
If you have the skills and desire, you will be joining a global team of innovative, passionate individuals on a revolutionary mission to change the world for the better.
What We Are Looking For In This Role
The Social Media Community Manager will grow and nurture our social channels and engage our Leafly community on a daily basis, with the ultimate goal of turning fans into customers.
You will leverage social channels to convey the Leafly brand in a positive, authentic way to help aid and elevate the cannabis conversation amongst our multiple target audiences.
You will be responsible for the creation and publishing of relevant, original, high-quality content.
You will identify strategies by platform and build social programming that speaks to each platform’s unique style and audience.
You will listen, respond, ask questions, and engage the community; responding to posts and direct messages in a timely fashion to ensure the community feels supported.
You will promote content through social advertising, where possible. You will measure, analyze, and establish ROI by determining the KPI’s that matter most to each platform’s success, including audience growth, audience profile, audience engagement, content reach, response rate and quality, and negative feedback.
You will use these learnings and insights to inform and pivot your strategies to optimize each channel.
Here are some of your day-to-day responsibilities:
- Be the voice of the brand, constantly engaging Leafly fans, finding new fans on emerging platforms and facilitating meaningful conversations within and outside the Leafly community.
- Develop a plan for community management on and off Leafly channels (including Reddit, WebMD, etc). This includes finding new users, answering their questions and engaging with current community members where they are digitally and answering their questions.
- Understand each channel’s audience and develop custom programming to engage and grow Leafly’s social community within our different target audience groups.
- Manage all aspects of social media including, and not limited to, content creation and curation (video, static, copy), editorial calendar creation, posting, and community management.
- Identify channels and opportunities to engage customers and potential customers in channels where they are talking about and asking questions about cannabis.
- Nurture and expand community and/or influencer outreach efforts
- Analyze, review and report on effectiveness of social media activities, including qualitative and quantitative results as they relate to consumer insights and performance to KPI’s.
- Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design, and strategy to evolve programming
- Monitor effective benchmarks and build best practices for measuring the impact of social media campaigns
- Identify threats and opportunities in user-generated content surrounding Leafly and escalate when needed
- 3+ years of developing and executing scalable data-driven social programs.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective audiences (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, etc.) and how to leverage effectively.
- Demonstration of creativity and documented immersion in social media.
- Proficiency in content marketing theory and application.
- Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing.
- Ability to straddle the creative side and analytical side.
- Excellent writing and language skills.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Premiere).
- Effective communication of information and ideas in written and video format.
- Superior time management and detail orientation.
- Ability to identify potential negative or crisis situation and escalate accordingly.
- Handles ambiguity by using common sense, problem-solving skills, judgment.
- General understanding of/and ability to troubleshoot issues with various file types, codecs, containers, etc.
- Must be a collaborative team-player.
- Sense of humor – ability to stay cool under pressure.
- Bachelor’s degree
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer of employment is extended