Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Leafly is the most trusted brand in cannabis with the largest audience: millions of people around the world start their cannabis journey with Leafly, and it’s because we are not your typical cannabis company.
Compliance and innovation are equal parts of Leafly’s DNA.
We are shaping the global cannabis industry for the better, accessible to everyone, from the cannabis curious to the everyday consumer, building the world’s destination for everyone to discover, find and buy cannabis.
If you are interested in a rapidly growing, nascent space that requires forward-thinking and continuous innovation to lead, look no further.
A career at Leafly combines the excitement and innovation of a start-up with the growth opportunities of a major corporation.
Leafly salaries and benefits packages are competitive, and we promise that you will never be bored: we focus relentlessly on solving challenges for our customers and having fun doing it in our collaborative work environment.
If you have the skills and desire, you will be joining a global team of innovative, passionate individuals on a revolutionary mission to change the world for the better.
What We Look For In Our Senior Social Media Marketing Manager
Leafly is seeking an exceptional Senior Social Media Manager, based in our Seattle, WA HQ, to lead and build innovative global social media campaigns for the Leafly brand across social platforms and drive best-in-class customer experience and engagement.
We are seeking an experienced and creative social strategist with a genuine passion for building brands.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record delivering results on social campaigns, with the ability to develop strategy from scratch, sell big ideas internally, multi-task and prioritize, plus have a drive for testing, learning and making insight and data-driven decisions.
This role requires someone who lives and breathes, has their finger on the pulse of what’s trending online, especially in the ever-evolving world of cannabis, with a specific focus on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Facebook trends.
What We Are Looking For In This Role
The Senior Social Media Manager will lead and launch social campaigns that impact customers globally, owning campaigns end-to-end.
You will work across internal teams including editorial content, brand, creative, events and PR, as well as partner with external agencies.
You will own all social content and media decisions, driving both long-term strategy, pre-planned campaigns and day-to-day editorial decisions.
You will work with key social media and digital platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Snapchat as well as seek out emerging platforms that can help us grow our customer base and brand.
Success in this role requires excellent customer instincts, the ability to define strategy from scratch and set customer-centric campaign goals, excellent project management skills, an aptitude for developing insights-driven global strategies, a deep and current knowledge of each platform’s unique offerings and influencers, a keen eye for compelling and innovative content, and a passion for continuous improvement.
You will need to possess an entrepreneurial ability to try new and different approaches with minimal direction.
Overall, you will be challenged to push boundaries, propose and execute new ideas and establish best practices for Leafly. Here are some of your day-to-day responsibilities:
- Develop and execute campaigns across platforms to drive engagement and social KPIs across a variety of target audiences, including experienced cannabis consumers, new to cannabis, and the wellness/medical seekers.
- Strategically and efficiently create highly topical trending content to increase Leafly’s brand relevance, foster global social conversation and leverage that to build engaged communities.
- Work closely and collaboratively across brand, creative, PR and events teams to champion social-first ideas and execute global integrated activations, events and strategies.
- Identify and manage agencies for campaign planning and management.
- Collaborate with social platforms to identify new opportunities and develop innovative activations ahead of competitors, especially with paid opportunities.
- Develop and own goals and performance metrics for Leafly social handles, and ensure they ladder up to the larger business goals; monitor regularly to understand the effectiveness of strategy and creative, making recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Lead creative ideation and deliver innovative, best-in-class campaigns for customers.
- Present to senior leadership regularly on campaign plans and results.
- Continuously ideate and innovate within the social space.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of experience in social media marketing.
- Experience generating and executing large-scale social media campaigns across platforms with a track record of growing audiences and delivering on engagement metrics.
- Experience collaborating with internal stakeholders and external agencies/partners/talent.
- Proven ability to influence and communicate effectively with senior executives.
- Experience within a highly regulated industry and devising creative ways to manage and grow social accounts.
- Track record of driving adoption of new ideas and concepts and pioneering new approaches within your team or company.
- Advanced decision-making skills with proven ability to drive direction and alignment with large cross-functional teams.
- Creative thinker with a passion for developing and delivering big ideas for our customers.
- Thinks strategically and stays on top of tactical execution.
- Collaborative team-player with a willingness to roll up your sleeves.
- Exceptional verbal and written skills.
- Ability to identify potential negative or crisis situation and apply conflict resolution principles to mitigate issues.
- Experience in handling ambiguity by using common sense, problem-solving skills, and an acute sense of judgment.
- Sense of humor – ability to stay cool under pressure.
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer of employment is extended