Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Leafly.com Job Opportunity Page. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Leafly is the most trusted brand in cannabis with the largest audience: millions of people around the world start their cannabis journey with Leafly, and it’s because we are not your typical cannabis company.
Compliance and innovation are equal parts of Leafly’s DNA.
We are shaping the global cannabis industry for the better, accessible to everyone, from the cannabis curious to the everyday consumer, building the world’s destination for everyone to discover, find and buy cannabis.
If you are interested in a rapidly growing, nascent space that requires forward-thinking and continuous innovation to lead, look no further.
A career at Leafly combines the excitement and innovation of a start-up with the growth opportunities of a major corporation.
Leafly salaries and benefit packages are competitive, and we promise that you will never be bored: we focus relentlessly on solving challenges for our customers and having fun doing it in our collaborative work environment.
If you have the skills and desire, you will be joining a global team of innovative, passionate individuals on a revolutionary mission to change the world for the better.
What We Are Looking For In This Role
The Senior Accountant will be a significant contributor to the growing Leafly Accounting and Finance team.
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Senior Accountant will assist in processing revenue and expense transactions, recording journal entries in NetSuite, performing account reconciliations as part of month-end close, and assisting in other accounting projects.
The ideal candidate will have an insatiable intellectual curiosity, speak fluently in debits and credits, be willing to roll up their sleeves and do the detail work while also maintaining a bigger picture view, and work well independently and as a member of the team.
Here are some of your day-to-day responsibilities:
- Own the accounts payable function for Leafly and subsidiaries, leveraging tools to streamline processing and payment
- Assist in the month-end close process including preparation of account and bank reconciliations
- Assist in reviewing monthly credit card transactions, ensure proper supporting documents are obtained, and review charges for validity.
- Assist in Accounts Receivable processing
- Prepare monthly and quarterly tax filings for various state jurisdictions leveraging outside accounting firm as necessary
- Own the accounting for our German Subsidiary including interfacing with local team
- Prepare monthly budget-to-actual reports by department including variance analysis with department leaders
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and reporting as needed
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Accounting; CPA (or pursuing) preferred
- 3 to 5 years progressive accounting experience in a high-paced dynamic environment
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and a working understanding of relevant tax issues
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a rapidly changing environment
- All around Excel wizardy
- Experience with NetSuite a plus
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer of employment is extended.