Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for providing comprehensive financial leadership in a fast growing company managing all state of Washington accounting related documents and transactions, which include (but not limited to) inventory costing, gross margin analysis, price analysis, reconciliation of inter company transactions, balance sheet account transactions, bank statements.
Responsible for state of Washington month-end close responsibilities and preparation of financial statements, financial forecast/budget, variance analysis report and inventory variance analysis report for inclusion into consideration financial reporting and reporting to Washington Operations Management.
Essential Job Functions:
- In collaboration with the central finance team. Prepare monthly reports of results, monthly forecasts, annual operating plan, and strategic planning for Washington.
- Responsible for month-end close responsibilities focusing in on gross margin calculations, inventory valuation calculations, prepare monthly, quarterly and annual accruals.
- Prepare and provide accurate and timely monthly financial statements, variance analysis report (budget vs. actual), annual budget or forecast, cash analysis for the Washington Operations.
- Perform accounts analysis and reconciliation, including bank statements, balance sheet accounts, and inter company general ledger accounts.
- Support preparation of work papers for audit by external auditors.
- Perform monthly physical inventory, inventory transaction audit, data entry and reconciliation.
- Be the Washington Operations Lead in the implementation, modification documentation, compilation, and administration of internal control procedures and policies in functional areas such as purchase order, receiving, inventory and payroll labor and cash management.
- Working with central finance team, identify and propose solutions for automation and process improvement while ensuring daily responsibility are completed with detail and accuracy and timeliness.
- Answering accounting and finance questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Prepares and monitor analytical key performance indicators as required by management.
- In charge of office organization, filing of paperwork, and maintenance of historical records.
- Prepare 1099-Misc. at year-end and send them to applicable vendors and IRS.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of trends, products, Microsoft suite applications and other vital accounting systems used by the company, and safety knowledge in the cannabis industry.
- Other duties as assigned from time to time by the management team.
- Implement, modify document, enforce and administer internal and operational control procedures and policies, in conjunction with the finance team.
- Assist the central finance team in preparing various operational reports for the management team.
- Act as the Washington lead for the implementation of any accounting system upgrades.
- Perform inventory transaction audit, identify risks and propose solutions.
- Review inventory transaction audit, identify risks and propose solutions.
- Review, investigate, and correct errors and inconsistencies in operational entries, documents, and reports.
- Minimum of six (6) years of accounting experience in high production company.
- Experience in the cannabis or cannabis related industry is a plus.
- A BA/BS in accounting or finance is required.
- Progress toward CPA/CMA certificate or MBA with emphasis in accounting or finance is a plus. CPA candidates preferred.
- Moderate to advanced knowledge of general accounting principles in GAAP and IFSR.
- Advanced to expert knowledge of MS Excel.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to handle multiple projects in a high paced deadline driven environment.
- Sales & use tax experience with emphasis on Compliance.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills using the English language.
- Strong team player and ability to work with high performance teams to meet company goals and commitments.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with all employees, vendors and customers.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Detail oriented and excellent time management skills.
- Must be prompt, on time to work with regular attendance.
- Frequent standing, walking and sitting.
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 40 pounds.
- Must be able to work at computer or desk area for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to occasionally climb ladders, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl.
- Frequent use of visual abilities seeing short and long distances.
Employees of the Lehua Group USA Inc. are expected to maintain a professional image and attitude consistent with company objectives.
This job description should not be considered all-inclusive. It is an outline of expected duties. The employee understands that the job description is neither complete nor permanent and that it may be modified at any time.
Job Type: Full-time
- One location
- Key Leader
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Monday to Friday