Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Dockside Cannabis is a Washington State Licensed (I-502) retailer specializing in quality medical and recreational cannabis products and accessories.
We currently manage stores in Shoreline, SODO, Ballard, and 85th & Aurora.
Dockside is committed to being a leader in the legal cannabis industry. Here’s a little of what makes us different:
- We opened one of the first medical dispensaries in Washington State, and were the very first to be certified as a reliable source for quality cannabis products under the Patient Focused Certification program.
- Dockside offers industry-leading wages and benefits including health insurance and paid time off.
- We offer a drug-free workplace. While Dockside employees enjoy a generous 40% employee discount and product samples to aid in their education, we expect employees to consume cannabis responsibly and on their own time.
- Living Dockside isn’t about escaping life. It’s a launch point for exploring the world, accomplishing great things, but always coming back to the people and values that matter.
Delivering the Dockside experience to Employees, Customers and our Community requires hiring and retaining the very best team.
We are looking for a professional Managers with excellent customer service skills, exceptional leadership capabilities and proven retail management experience.
We are looking for leaders not afraid of wearing many hats and managing a constantly changing workflow.
We need smart, passionate, and creative people ready to take the road less traveled and excited by the challenge of building a new business in a rapidly growing industry.
The manager is responsible for the needs and well-being of the staff and the business as we implement the mission, vision and values of Dockside and the Management Team.
The manager must lead the store in a fast paced and ever changing working environment, while maintaining an eye for excellence and driving the staff to exceed all revenue goals.
- Trustworthy in the eyes of the customer and conveys trustworthiness of the Dockside brand
- Drive and maximize sales performance to consistently achieve the overall sales objectives while ensuring operational integrity and monitoring monthly profitability
- Demonstrate sales leadership by playing an active role on the sales floor through customer engagement, ensuring the highest level of customer service is provided
- Manage and support stock levels through direct communication with key business departments to maximize full price selling, maintaining a high sell through as well as alignment with new product launches
- Train and communicate current regulations and product knowledge to all associates to ensure the team is fully educated on brand pillars by partnering with the appropriate internal departments for operational and product support
- Communicates company performance targets and identifies strategies to ensure performance standards are met
- Develop and implement business action plans in collaboration with Management to enhance sales for each product category and customer segment
- Lead the team to consistently establish relationships and propose local events through continuous; networking and support product launches that promote high customer attendance and strong sales results
- Proactively follow up on current trends, industry news, technology and analyze key competitors in the market
Performance and Talent Management
- Conduct quarterly coaching/counseling sessions with associates to review performance and provide constructive, timely feedback. Oversee bi-annual review process for all store employees and set annual employee goals where appropriate
- Identify and create action plans and build development plans for employees as warranted
- Attract, recruit, and retain a high performing team. Build a talent pipeline through networking and competitive shopping
- Ensure a consistent and branded onboarding experience for all new hires
- Manage the allocation of staff resources and scheduling to effectively drive sales and ensure customer service
- Partner with the District Manager and Human Resource Manager for all employee relations issues to ensure effective resolution
- Lead the team on executing superior customer service and after sales experience to increase and retain customer loyalty
- Understands that medicinal cannabis is important to the wellness of each of our medical customers and demonstrates compassion
- Manage the achievement of business objectives, by utilizing a top customer strategy to retain and develop customers
- Promote brand awareness, establish market/store presence, and capture competitive market share through company sponsored events
- Ensure the development, implementation and execution of company initiatives by providing action plans to the team as appropriate
- Recap monthly store performance, reporting current business trend to cover every aspect of the business, as well as, competitor performance
- Collaborate with Operations, Human Resources, Loss Prevention, etc. while adhering to and enforcing all company policies and procedures
- Monitor store expenses and maintain store operating budget while aiming to reduce overall cost. Ensure timely submission of accounts payable invoices and cash disbursement policies
- Comply with Federal and Local Regulations in the cannabis industry and immediately notify Operational Leadership of Government Agency visits
- Comply with all Assets Protection quarterly self-audits, cycle counts, incident reporting and monthly inventory reconciliations to ensure annual inventory shrinkage is below company target
- Oversee the processing of daily incoming and outbound merchandise requests and shipments
- Provide accurate monthly schedules by analyzing peak hours to ensure adequate floor coverage and timely submission of payroll records for all employees
- Support and maintain visual merchandising standards set by the headquarters
- Maintain full organization of company assets per the back of house and front of house guidelines provided by headquarters
- Responsible for ensuring an effective staff schedule according to the traffic trends
- Minimum of 5 years of store ownership or sales management experience in retail, luxury retail, or service related industry
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is preferred
- Ability to analyze selling reports, identify business trends, and react quickly to the needs of the business
- Proven ability to drive positive customer experiences that build loyalty and deliver measurable results
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Industry awareness and strong business acumen
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and excellent organizational skills
- Flexibility to work a retail schedule which will include mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and stand for long periods of time
Required demonstrated skills and abilities:
- Ability to make solid business decisions, problem-solve, and multi-task in a highly dynamic work environment
- Proven ability to exercise a high degree of confidentiality and objectivity
- Consultative sales experience in matching products or services to the specific needs of the customer
- Ability to work in a team setting and conduct and present oneself in a highly professional manner with both customers and internal personnel
- Proven ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Ability to receive and provide constructive feedback on work performance
Please no phone calls/No recruiting agencies
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, and a collaborative work environment in an emerging market. The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and it is not all inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned by the company to fluctuate with business needs.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 5 years (Preferred)
- Seattle, WA 98103 (Required)
- Store Discounts
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly