Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Budtenders provide exceptional customer service.
Smile and greet each customer.
Give every customer immediate attention.
Follow through on all customer questions and requests.
Provide a positive, friendly, and respectful service to each and every customer.
Answer all telephone calls with excellent phone etiquette.
- Cash Handling: You are solely responsible to maintain cash till accuracy and organization throughout shift. Use of basic math skills mandatory to the position.
- Inventory Controls: Keep shift lead and inventory manager informed of all products needing to be restocked or adjusted throughout shift. Scan and verify manually all items to ensure selling of correct items during transactions.
- Product Knowledge: At the start of all shifts, it is necessary to check for any new products that have become part of active inventory since last shift worked. This can be done by referring to the communication book that will be updated regularly to reflect all new and current active inventory.
- Daily Organization: Ensure all products in every category is properly displayed and signage up to date. Keeping your work space and the store neat and organized. Placing non sold items back on sales floor properly to ensure easy finding. Follow FIFO ( first in and first out) procedure when stocking to ensure all products are being rotated correctly.
- Cleaning: Every shift bud-tenders are responsible for maintaining a clean work atmosphere. Areas of special interest include: cleaning all glass, displays, garbage emptied, recycling, front door walkway and side area clean of debris upon opening and closing, dusting surfaces, sweeping, mopping before/after hours, bathroom, break/inventory room, and office.
- Policy Knowledge: Regular review of company policy information and Washington’s I-502 state laws regarding cannabis. Follow proper procedures and purchasing limits for sales of cannabis.
- Major Responsibilities and Duties Which May Be Considered Essential: Follow established procedures when reporting errors in retail pricing and signage. Builds displays and rearrange shelf configurations as needed in accordance with merchandising guidelines. Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the store. Communicate and interact positively with store management and team members.
- Other duties as assigned by upper management.
Job Type: Full-time
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Retail experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Store Discounts
- Capitol Hill
- Every week
- Repetitive lifting
- Store Manager
- Weekends required
- Holidays required
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 21 years of age or older.
- Must demonstrate courteous and professional interpersonal communication skills towards customers, supervisors and fellow employee associates.
- Must be able to quickly and accurately perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division of whole numbers, decimals, fractions, percentages, and dollars.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and comprehend conversational English.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal direction for long hours.
- Strong work ethic and integrity.
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures
- Ability to sell proactively
- Regular attendance and punctuality
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $15.00 /hour
- relevant: 1 year (Required)
- sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Seattle, WA (Required)
- United States (Required)
- Morning (Required)
- Mid-Day (Required)
- Evening (Required)
- Monday (Required)
- Tuesday (Required)
- Wednesday (Required)
- Thursday (Required)
- Friday (Required)
- Saturday (Required)
- Sunday (Required)
Hours per Week:
- 21-30 (Preferred)
- 31-40 (Preferred)
- 11-20 (Preferred)
- Store Discounts
- One location
- Store Discount
- Paid Sick Time
- Opportunity for Advancement
- more than 20
- Store Manager