Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Leafly is the most trusted brand in cannabis with the largest audience: millions of people around the world start their cannabis journey with Leafly, and it’s because we are not your typical cannabis company.
Compliance, education and innovation are equal parts of Leafly’s DNA.
We are shaping the global cannabis industry for the better, accessible to all, from the cannabis curious to the everyday consumer, by building the world’s destination for everyone to discover, find and buy cannabis.
If you are interested in a rapidly growing, nascent space that requires forward-thinking and continuous innovation to lead, Leafly is the place for you.
A career at Leafly combines the excitement and innovation of a start-up with the support and growth opportunities of a major corporation.
Leafly salaries and benefit packages are competitive, and we promise that you will never be bored: we focus relentlessly on solving challenges for our customers and having fun doing it in our collaborative work environment.
If you have the skills and desire, you will be joining a global team of innovative, passionate individuals on a revolutionary mission to change the world for the better.
What We Are Looking For In This Role
As a Business Development Representative, Retail you will report to the Director of Sales, Retail and be responsible for forming relationships with the industry and identify new opportunities.
The right candidate will see the opportunity to monetize a niche, rapidly-growing digital audience in a burgeoning industry.
They will take a critical role in executing the company’s sales strategy.
Here are some of your day-to-day responsibilities:
- Works closely and collaboratively with the account executive team to understand target markets and conduct high volume prospecting
- Conducts needs assessment discovery calls with specific prospects and qualifies leads
- Does regular market research to add relevant Retailers to Leafly’s database
- Recommends changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments
- 1-2 years’ experience in a business or sales development role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interest in a selling role
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced challenging environment
- Technical aptitude to master our CRM system (Salesforce)
- Highly self-driven sense of motivation
- Previous sales experience in which you demonstrated the ability to meet or exceed sales quotas
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree in a business-related program, preferred
Please, no phone calls/no recruiting agencies.
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer of employment is extended. Job may require travel outside the continental U.S.