Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Linkedin.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Tilray is a federally licensed producer of medical cannabis.
We are committed to setting the gold standard of care and excellence in our industry.
We believe that commitment starts with a great work environment and benefits for our associates.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Ready to apply your talents to make a positive difference in the lives of patients across the country?
Reporting to the EVP of Global Corporate Affairs, the Global Communications Senior Writer is responsible for developing strategic and integrated communications that effectively position and promote Tilray.
This role requires an outstanding and dedicated communications professional with strong creative and versatile writing skills, solid editing and proofreading experience, and excellent verbal communication skills.
Corporate Affairs materials may include executive communications (announcements, presentations, talking points, speeches and video scripts) as well as employee communications (internal newsletters, town hall scripts, internal blogs, etc.).
Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic team setting and be able to collaborate effectively within a rapid-growth company.
Roles and responsibilities
- Strong and versatile writer with solid editing and proofreading skills
- Craft and maintain the “voice” of Tilray and the company’s senior leadership team
- Develop content for high impact executive presentations including scripts, slides and other support materials
- Translate business objectives, company performance and management philosophy into messages that relate to specific audiences
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees on all levels and across departments, including senior management
- Collaborate with the creative design team on development of internal and external materials
- Maintain library of presentation decks, corporate branding and collateral materials
- Proven experience in executive communications and thought leadership
- Excellent attention to detail and follow through
- Successfully manage and consistently meet deadlines in a fast-paced and collaborative
- Outstanding ability to prioritize workload and deliver on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong relationship management skills and the ability to work across multiple functions and across all levels of the organization
- Takes initiative to independently work and problem-solve issues
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Bachelor’s degree required, with a major in English, Journalism, Communications or related field
- The ideal candidate will have 5-7 years of experience writing for a multinational company
Level of education
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Alternative Medicine
- Consumer Goods
- Public Relations