Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Leafly is the most trusted brand in cannabis with the largest audience: millions of people around the world start their cannabis journey with Leafly, and it’s because we are not your typical cannabis company.
Compliance, education and innovation are equal parts of Leafly’s DNA.
We are shaping the global cannabis industry for the better, accessible to all, from the cannabis curious to the everyday consumer, by building the world’s destination for everyone to discover, find and buy cannabis.
If you are interested in a rapidly growing, nascent space that requires forward-thinking and continuous innovation to lead,
Leafly is the place for you.
A career at Leafly combines the excitement and innovation of a start-up with the support and growth opportunities of a major corporation.
Leafly salaries and benefit packages are competitive, and we promise that you will never be bored: we focus relentlessly on solving challenges for our customers and having fun doing it in our collaborative work environment.
If you have the skills and desire, you will be joining a global team of innovative, passionate individuals on a revolutionary mission to change the world for the better.
What We Are Looking For In This Role
As an Account Executive, you will drive revenue by growing Leafly’s market penetration with legal cannabis retailers in your territory.
Our SaaS and advertising products allow our clients to convert Leafly’s diverse, engaged audience into high average value orders and loyal customers.
Sales duties will be focused on driving platform/ordering adoption with decision makers at retail cannabis storefronts and delivery services that legally sell cannabis and cannabis related products to consumers.
This is a fast-paced work environment; the ability to work quickly and independently under pressure is essential.
Though most of your work will be done out of the office, the power of face-to-face interaction can be valuable and travel within your territory may be required.
Here are some of your day to day responsibilities:
- Drive revenue and grow market share in a defined territory to meet or exceed monthly revenue targets; become a market expert able to provide valuable insights to prospects that will help them make the right buying decisions
- Consistently evaluate total addressable market opportunity and manage available ad placement inventory
- Work independently as well as coordinate shared effort as part of a global sales team
- Employ a sense of urgency in Lead qualification and follow-up
- Use customer relationship management software (Salesforce) to log all communication and record vital account and contact information
- Achieve individual and territory team revenue targets
- Work closely with leadership on sales strategy and forecast in order to create and manage a robust, healthy sales pipeline and funnel
- Work closely and collaboratively with the Sales Leadership Team and territory partners to develop and deliver an appropriate, relevant, and effective narrative for prospect and client communications
- Collect feedback to recommend improvements to existing or development of new products, service, and policies by evaluating results and competitive developments
- Maintain expert industry knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks
- Monitor competition by gathering and reporting current marketplace intel (pricing, products, new services, marketing strategies and merchandising techniques) to Sales Leadership
- Fully understand federal and provincial rules and regulations surrounding cannabis, cannabis retail, and advertising/marketing cannabis within assigned territory
- Travel across the United States and Canada may be required (must be able to travel freely, including drive, rent a car, and obtain insurance)
- Minimum of 2 years of sales experience, preferably B2B online media and/or advertising sales
- Creative problem-solving skills and a commitment to great activity, preparation, presentation and follow up
- Previous sales experience in which you demonstrated the ability to consistently exceed sales quotas
- Self-motivated with strong negotiation, contract execution, and closing talents
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using Salesforce or other comparable CRM software
- Demonstrated success working collaboratively across different teams or departments
- Strong understanding of web-based advertising and/or SaaS sales
- Knowledgeable about Leafly and general interest in cannabis industry and legalization
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer of employment is extended.