Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
GrowGeneration is one of the largest retailers of hydroponic products in the United States and is engaged in the business of marketing and distributing horticultural, organics, lighting and hydroponics products, including lighting fixtures, nutrients, seeds and growing media, systems, trays, fans, filters, humidifiers and dehumidifiers, timers, instruments, water pumps, irrigation supplies and hand tools.
We have grown into a chain of twenty three (23) retail hydroponic/garden centers in 9 states, with five (5) located in Colorado, five (5) in California, three (3) in Maine, three (3) in Michigan, two (2) in Nevada, two (2) in Oklahoma, one (1) in Washington, one (1) in Rhode Island, and one (1) in New Hampshire.
We are looking for a Grow Pro with garden/cultivation experience to join the GrowGeneration team part-time at our location in Seattle, WA. Saturday shift availability is required for this position.
- Operate cash registers, manage financial transactions, and balance drawers.
- Process purchases, returns, and exchanges according to company procedures
- Demonstrate superior product knowledge and plant knowledge by developing solutions for customers through listening to their needs and recommending appropriate products
- Greet customers, respond warmly to questions, improve engagement with merchandise and providing outstanding customer service.
- Upsell when appropriate; promote current sales, promotions, etc.
- Organize and replenish front stock and help merchandize store
- Help organize backstock and perform inventory counts
- Collaborate with other team members to keep the sales floor clean and organized at all times.
- Help create a positive environment in which to shop and buy.
- Store associates will help with any tasks in other departments necessary to keep the store running efficiently.
- Ability to communicate with customers by speaking and listening
- Ability to use a computer and POS system with accuracy
- Ability to stand for the duration of a shift (reasonable accommodation can be made when appropriate)
- Ability to lift 40 lbs to waist height repeatedly.
- Ability to work in hot or cold environments for extended periods of time
Compensation includes an hourly wage based on experience, store discounts, time and a half for holiday pay, etc. Full-time employees of GrowGeneration receive paid time off accruals (PTO), paid holidays, and are eligible for participation in group health insurance, dental, vision, life, short-term disability, accident insurance, etc.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 to $17.00 /hour
- Retail Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- cultivation: 2 years (Preferred)
- Store Discounts
- One location
- Every other week
- Repetitive lifting
- Store Manager
Employees working per shift:
- 5 or fewer
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly