Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Leafly.com Job Opportunity Board. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
If you are interested in a rapidly growing, nascent space that requires forward-thinking and continuous innovation to lead, Leafly is the place for you.
A career at Leafly combines the excitement and innovation of a start-up with the support and growth opportunities of a major corporation.
Leafly salaries and benefit packages are competitive, and we promise that you will never be bored: we focus relentlessly on solving challenges for our customers and having fun doing it in our collaborative work environment.
If you have the skills and desire, you will be joining a global team of innovative, passionate individuals on a revolutionary mission to change the world for the better.
What We Are Looking For in This Role
The Senior Marketing Manager for SEO is responsible for planning, implementing and managing the company’s overall SEO strategy.
This person will be responsible for driving organic traffic across highly-competitive keywords, and working with departmental stakeholders to ensure that SEO inputs are operationalized across marketing, product, PR, and content/editorial teams.
The ideal candidate has experience with technical SEO, content, and keyword research & strategy, and PR/linkbuilding, as well as viral marketing/advertising experience.
They demonstrate passion and excitement for the opportunities within the cannabis industry, and seek the truth behind traffic and keyword trends, with an uncompromising commitment to facts and data.
This person has experience competing with high domain authority brands and outlets, and owning traffic channels that number millions of unique visitors a month.
Here are some day-to-day responsibilities:
- Take ownership of planning and developing SEO strategy and goals
- Implement processes to search engine optimize all aspects of Leafly’s domain
- Develop keyword strategy, making sure that targeted keywords meet business objectives
- Identify key SEO KPIs, in addition to redirects, click rates, bounce rates, keyword rank, and traffic
- Prepare and present reports regularly to stakeholders
- Champion SEO internally, and take an innovator’s approach to challenges
- Identify problems and deficiency and implement solutions in a timely manner
- Stay up to date with the changing cannabis/CBD landscape and regulations around content
- 4+ years of experience as SEO Manager or similar role, with proven success in SEO strategy
- 8+ years of experience marketing, web analytics, and business development
- Expertise in A/B and other testing methods
- In-depth knowledge of research principles and methods and experience in analyzing data
- Customer-centric, focused on providing the best search journey to our clients
- MA in marketing or similar relevant field
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer of employment is extended.