Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Leafly.com Job Opportunity Board. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
If you are interested in a rapidly growing, nascent space that requires forward-thinking and continuous innovation to lead, look no further.
A career at Leafly combines the excitement and innovation of a start-up with the growth opportunities of a major corporation.
Leafly salaries and benefit packages are competitive, and we promise that you will never be bored: we focus relentlessly on solving challenges for our customers and having fun doing it in our collaborative work environment.
If you have the skills and desire, you will be joining a global team of innovative, passionate individuals on a revolutionary mission to change the world for the better.
What We Are Looking For In This Role
The role of the Director is comprehensive, requiring a strong leader capable of owning an array of features that spans Leafly’s digital product offerings across multiple platforms in countries around the world.
As a design leader at Leafly, you will have the opportunity to shape and manage multiple projects that drive impactful changes to our product and have far-reaching effects on the cannabis industry.
Bring your intense focus on customers and commitment to rigor in process, as well as your creative vision and boundless passion to build an amazing design team that innovates with style and grace.
Leafly is looking for you!
Here are some of your day-to-day responsibilities:
- Lead, manage, develop, and scale a highly-functioning team of product designers
- Establish clear processes for efficient workflow and communication
- Deliver high-quality products through expert knowledge of design processes and tools
- Provide constructive and insightful feedback, guiding your team to continuously improve
- Leverage data to inform your strategic approach and design recommendations
- Communicate trade-offs between various approaches to balance requirements of time, cost, and quality
- Champion the customer perspective by gathering deep insights and actively sharing knowledge of customer motivations, expectations, and behaviors
- Collaborate productively with business partners to drive design recommendations that drive business goals
- Attract, recruit, retain, and grow design talent
- Wear many hats, and be comfortable moving freely between strategy, production, critique, project management, and mentorship
- 7+ years of experience working as a UX Designer, Design Technologist, Design Manager, or similar role
- 3+ years of experience managing teams of 6+ designers across multiple objectives
- An authentic, mature, flexible leader, who advocates for their strategies, team, and colleagues
- A clear understanding of design-centered processes as well as proven methodologies for identifying and solving problems
- Data-driven, focused on the measurable results of design choices
- Successful track record of designing high-quality digital products as a manager
- Ability to articulate and produce an inspirational product vision
- Comfortable defining achievable customer and business goals, and formulating clear plans for execution
- Dedicated and attentive to detail
- Strong people management and leadership skills
- Executive-level presentation and communication skills
- Experience managing and scaling design systems
- Experience developing processes and tools to ensure design quality by measuring success in terms of the human and business impacts
- Successfully delivered products intended for a consumer market with significant complexity
- Experience delivering scalable products to a global audience
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer of employment is extended.