Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Leafly is the most trusted brand in cannabis with the largest audience: millions of people around the world start their cannabis journey with Leafly, and it’s because we are not your typical cannabis company.
Compliance and innovation are equal parts of Leafly’s DNA.
We are shaping the global cannabis industry for the better, accessible to everyone, from the cannabis curious to the everyday consumer, building the world’s destination for everyone to discover, find and buy cannabis.
If you are interested in a rapidly growing, nascent space that requires forward-thinking and continuous innovation to lead, Leafly is the place for you.
A career at Leafly combines the excitement and innovation of a start-up with the growth opportunities of a major corporation.
Leafly salaries and benefit packages are competitive, and we promise that you will never be bored: we focus relentlessly on solving challenges for our customers and having fun doing it in our collaborative work environment.
If you have the skills and desire, you will be joining a global team of innovative, passionate individuals on a revolutionary mission to change the world for the better.
What We Are Looking For In This Role
As the Vice President of Content, you will lead the development of a world-class content experience for Leafly’s global technology platform.
You will drive and develop Leafly’s core content experience, including management of business drivers such as headcount and operating spend, the development of all media, and the metrics by which we measure success.
You will be responsible for all editorial and video content creation, distribution and syndication.
Here are some of your responsibilities: Content creation and distribution
- Lead and growing our best-in-class content team, including both editorial and video content, in creating new content to help demystify and destigmatize the cannabis product, industry and purchasing process
- Optimize and distribute Leafly’s library of tens of thousands of pieces of evergreen content
- Expand our content program to work in new media forms and new formats
- Finding new content distribution and growth channels
- Linking our content production to our existing business model to ensure content goals are integral in driving the overall business
- Expanding our content work into new form factors; and
- Integrating our content product with the rest of our technology offering
- Establish a scalable and efficient content production model that can be customized and replicated globally
Team management and leadership
- Participate at the executive level as the owner of a large part of Leafly’s overall audience acquisition strategy and key input for revenue generation
- Manage a growing team of in-house editors, writers, subject matter experts and producers to create world-class content at scale
- Manage and grow our team of freelance writers and media producers
- Work with team members on growing their careers, developing their creative skills as content producers and building a clear path to their success at Leafly
- Link content production to the business operations of Leafly, helping to predict and drive revenue via a dependable and strategic content roadmap and calendar
- Work with marketing, product and sales teams on tying the content roadmap to the overall business drivers
- Develop relationships with outside syndication partners to distribute content via mainstream publishers
- Analyze user and third party data to maximize opportunities to grow, convert and retain our audience
- Bachelor’s degree (masters degree or higher preferred)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven strategic leader (5+ years in a leadership position) in content production and executive management, with proven ability to guide a division or company through phases of high growth
- Proven track record of building and scaling successful content programs and high caliber teams from the ground up
- P&L responsibilities as leader of a business unit
- Experience building and managing strategic partnerships
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills – ability to use data to develop and measure marketing programs.
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer of employment is extended.