Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Leafly is the most trusted brand in cannabis with the largest audience: millions of people around the world start their cannabis journey with Leafly, and it’s because we are not your typical cannabis company.
Compliance and innovation are equal parts of Leafly’s DNA.
We are shaping the global cannabis industry for the better, accessible to everyone, from the cannabis curious to the everyday consumer, building the world’s destination for everyone to discover, find and buy cannabis.
If you are interested in a rapidly growing, nascent space that requires forward-thinking and continuous innovation to lead, look no further.
A career at Leafly combines the excitement and innovation of a start-up with the growth opportunities of a major corporation.
Leafly salaries and benefit packages are competitive, and we promise that you will never be bored: we focus relentlessly on solving challenges for our customers and having fun doing it in our collaborative work environment.
If you have the skills and desire, you will be joining a global team of innovative, passionate individuals on a revolutionary mission to change the world for the better.
Our Teams and Our Tech
Our teams are cross-functional with product owners, designers, and engineers working side-by-side toward shared goals.
We aim for each team to have the right mix of full stack, web, api, and native app developers, so that together they are equipped to solve whatever problems come their way.
We look to each person to bring their expertise and passion to the table, as well as the ability to roll up their sleeves and help where it’s needed.
What We Are Looking For In This Role
We are looking for an experienced Director of Quality Assurance to oversee all QA functions and practices at Leafly.
You will report to our VP of Engineering and lead a growing team of QA ICs and managers.
You will partner with other functions at the leadership level, as well as support and guide your team in their day-to-day operations.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in both organizational growth and in defining and implementing a holistic QA strategy that ensures a world-class user experience.
Here are some of your responsibilities:
- Strategy and Planning
- Lead strategic and operational planning for all aspects of QA
- Assure continuous alignment with company goals and objectives
- Identify new technologies and tools to be analyzed and integrated within the organization
- Evaluate and recommend in-house versus third-party solutions
- Develop and implement a strategy for transitioning from primarily manual testing to the right combination of manual and automated testing
- Operational Excellence
- Oversee all QA operations across the company
- Define, measure, and report Quality success metrics for manual and automated testing
- Implement QA methodologies and best practices in a rapidly growing organization, including management of test cases and test plans, automation, continuous integration, code coverage, etc
- Partner with Product, Design, Development, and Infrastructure to continuously improve QA operations in our cross-functional teams
- Partner with Customer Support to improve efficiency in reporting, triage, and resolution of bugs
- Team Leadership
- Be a hands-on player/coach to actively lead, guide, and grow your team
- Support, mentor, and coach your team in regular 1:1s
- Work with managers and ICs to set goals for skills development and career growth
- Own hiring for all QA roles
- 7+ years QA experience, with 3+ years in a management capacity
- Technical expertise in both manual and automated testing, preferably supporting high-scale, high-performance web applications
- Expertise in developing the QA pipeline, test plans, and success metrics to verify functional and nonfunctional requirements of new features and products, as well as the ongoing quality of existing products
- Deep knowledge of automation best practices for building, maintaining and retiring test cases and frameworks
- Experience transforming manual testing teams to a combination of manual and automated testing
- Demonstrated ability to roll up your sleeves and work side-by-side with your team in order to help them achieve their goals
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer of employment is extended.