Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Linkedin.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Tilray is a global leader in cannabis research, cultivation, processing and distribution.
We aspire to lead, legitimize and define the future of our industry by building the world’s most trusted cannabis company.
We are committed to setting the gold standard of care and excellence in our industry.
We believe that commitment starts with a great work environment and benefits for our associates.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Tilray’s values guide each employee’s work every day.
Those values are:
Act with Integrity – we rely on honest, transparent and trustworthy behavior and communication
Be Steadfast – we have an unwavering obligation to our patients, consumers, providers, colleagues and community to be sincere, accountable and responsive.
Care – to achieve abundance in our crops and our lives, we must act with passion, focus and dedication
Collaborate – we believe that none of us is as smart as all of us and together we succeed
Pursue Excellence – we believe in our ability to spark innovation, achieve greatness, and overcome any risk, challenge or failure met along the way.
Reporting to the General Counsel, the Assistant General Counsel- U.S. will provide broad support to Tilray’s United States CBD business.
You will be working alongside and in support of our highly experienced business team and legal professionals.
The legal departments is a great environment to learn and develop as an attorney.
YOUR CORE RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Leading a legal team in the U.S. focused on supporting the growth of the CBD business across all categories including topicals, ingestibles, food, and beverage
- Active member of the U.S. leadership team
- Legal research and compliance, regulatory guidance
- Review marketing, advertising, and product claims
- Provide practical business oriented advice and counsel on interpretation of laws, policies and contract provisions
- Draft, negotiate and provide legal counsel on a variety of commercial matters
- Deal with complex, significant matters that cut across legal and related areas weighing multiple inputs
- Support the negotiation and documentation of M&A, strategic transactions and partnerships
- Collaborate with and provide support to other members of the legal team
- Manage work of outside counsel and efficient and cost-effective support
- Counseling to support the development of new and innovative product offerings
- Support the continuous improvement of legal processes to promote efficiency
- Provide training and guidance on topics of interest and related to compliance
- Undertake Special projects as required to support new business initiatives
- Contribute positively to the culture of the legal team and the company as a whole
- Due to the dynamic nature of the industry, the scope of your job may evolve and change by business demands and regulatory/ legal framework.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Law Degree from a top tier U.S. law school
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience working in a top tier law firm and/or in-house legal department
- FDA and consumer packaged goods experience preferred
- Leadership experience preferred
- Proven negotiation, drafting and analytical skills for various types of commercial contracts and transactions
- Prior experience providing legal counsel directly to business clients
WHO YOU ARE:
- Excited to work in a fast paced and intellectually challenging environment
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once, to synthesize information from multiple sources, and to follow through and meet deadlines
- Have exceptional judgment with the ability to cope with competing priorities
- You are resourceful and creative in your approach to problem solving
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including ability to brief and communicate complex issues in a succinct manner.
- Focused on pragmatic business advice and solutions
- Professional and collaborative with the ability to build and maintain trusted relationships with stakeholders
- Positive “can-do” attitude
Level of education
- Doctor of Law
- Alternative Medicine
- Consumer Goods