Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Linkedin.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
So, you’ve never heard of Docklight?
That’s okay, how about Marley Natural, The Goodship, Dutchy, Headlight or Wallops?
These are some of the landmark brands of the legal cannabis industry.
Legal cannabis is a complex, fast moving and highly regulated industry.
It will keep you on your toes, that much is guaranteed.
If you’re the type of person who is up for the challenge and wants to join a hard working/hard playing organization in the legal cannabis field, well, keep reading.
THE FUTURE OF CANNABIS IS GLOBAL. COME JOIN US.
We are Docklight, a small but growing private equity-backed company shaping the future of the rapidly growing legal cannabis industry.
We are building a portfolio of global brands that consumers love to lead, legitimize, and define the future of cannabis.
We need bold leaders to join us.
As the global industry evolves cannabis brands will play a key role in the growth of consumer adoption — you can help build these brands one state and one country at a time.
At Docklight you’ll have the freedom to flex your intellect and creativity.
You’ll apply your skills, experience, and entrepreneurial spirit to a wide variety of projects on a global scale.
You’ll move fast, think on your feet and never be bored. This is a new frontier.
It’s fast-paced and complex but deeply rewarding for those up to the challenge.
Salaries and benefit packages are very competitive.
The office and its unparalleled lake view is among the best in Seattle.
You’ll feel appreciated and welcome as part of our team.
This is your chance to make a lasting impact on the rapidly developing cannabis industry.
Are you ready?
What You Will Be Doing:
You’ll be managing projects at the speed of light.
We are in an extraordinarily fast-moving environment, we need you to help us keep up.
Our product innovation team and brand development group are creating and marketing brands at breakneck speed.
Your role will be to keep all the plates spinning – without dropping.
We are a start-up with limited process and structure, we need you to help us build it.
This is a unique opportunity to coordinate efforts and drive results across a wide range of multidisciplinary CPG marketing, product and packaging projects involving multiple teams and workstreams.
You will balance and sort competing timelines and priorities to maintain momentum, mitigate risk, solve roadblocks and achieve results.
Are we speaking your language?
- Create structure and process while simultaneously embracing the chaos – basically make the team’s lives easier, but don’t let us lose the fun (no pressure).
- Set the pace for how the whole marketing department operates, from project briefing to sign off – we need a system.
- Strive for best practices, teach the team how to achieve them and have patience when we slip up.
- Own the organizational system for managing the business’s initiatives and key deliverables, review regularly with top leadership.
- Create and maintain project plans for a wide variety and magnitude of projects
- Help the team balance workloads and anticipate bandwidth issues – be the voice of reason when we all want to say “we can do that too!”
- Own how we use our project management software (Wrike, Airtable, etc.), research new tools to help the whole group be more efficient
- Oversee the entire project path, help us by anticipating critical path breakdowns
- Write the SOPs for project management for the entire Docklight team
- Work cross-functionally to gather information and develop comprehensive planning techniques – teach these to the group
- Enjoy providing status updates, we need you to clearly communicate with stakeholders via project management software, email and conversation
- Help us create accountability by holding stakeholders accountable for agreed upon responsibilities and managing deadlines
- Be flexible with your approach to project management, enable the team to quickly react to changing priorities
- Identify procedural, logistical, legal and communication issues before they become serious issues and use your extraordinary problem-solving skills to manage them
- Liaise across departments to level set expectations, scope and timelines for business-critical projects
- Create a dashboard to help us understand at-a-glance what is going on with overall team efficiency, bandwidth, etc.
- 5+ Years as a Project Manager with CPG experience
- Experience developing and launching new products
- Cannabis industry knowledge is a plus but not required
- Proven ability to manage large projects involving multiple teams and stakeholders
- Intimate understanding of day-to-day project management
- Experience and understanding of cross-functional teams including R&D, Marketing, Creative, Sales, Supply chain, and Legal
- Ability and eagerness to jump in, understand and solve problems efficiently
- Strong analytical skills, and understanding of budgeting and financial reporting
- Strong understanding of project management best practices and methods
- Fluency in PM software and ability to tailor software to company needs
- Familiarity with database software
Please no phone calls/No recruiting agencies
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and it is not all inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned by the company to fluctuate with business needs. We are an equal opportunity employer. Background check will be conducted after conditional offer of employment is extended.