Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Linkedin.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Tilray’s newly formed Retail Team is charged with developing and scaling industry-defining retail brands and customer experiences in Canada’s newly legal adult-use cannabis industry.
Through a combination of investment, acquisition, and organic growth, Tilray intends to be an economic and cultural leader in the normalization of this formerly illicit, $5.5 billion consumer market.
We are building a team of self-directed subject matter experts who possess the desire and ability to combine entrepreneurial drive, creative vision, and proven best-practices into building brands that capture the heart and soul of customers and employees alike.
The Global Training Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing a retail learning and development program to scale with the dynamic retail business.
This role will assess and leverage the training teams of acquired and affiliated retail brands in both the USA and Canada.
Tilray is a global pioneer in cannabis research, cultivation, processing, and distribution currently serving tens of thousands of patients in eleven countries spanning five continents.
Tilray was the first (and still only) cannabis company to go public on a major US stock exchange (NASDAQ: TLRY).
High Park Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of Tilray, was established to develop, sell, and distribute inspiring and iconic adult-use cannabis brands.
The Tilray Retail team is headquartered in Seattle, WA, with field operating teams in key markets across Canada.
Tilray Retail will commence operations in other countries (including the US) following federal legalization.
What you’ll do
- Figure out what needs to be done and then do it
- Develop and lead the retail learning and development strategy across portfolio of wholly owned and affiliated retail brands
- Serve as an evangelist for cannabis culture, education and community
- Stay informed on consumer trends and developments, then share with the retail team
- Plan, communicate and implement onboarding, certification, and continuing development programs in formats suitable for various settings, e.g. in person, online self-study and webinar
- Monitor and measure effectiveness of training and communications
- Maintain effective internal communications to ensure that all relevant company functions are kept informed of learning and development objectives
- Analyze potential strategic partner relationships for learning and development
- Effectively manage multiple and multi-site projects of varying complexity within set timelines
Who you are
- Track record of creating great customer experiences
- Demonstrated passion for understanding cannabis and similar consumer markets
- Entrepreneurial in spirit while also leveraging the assets that come from being a part of a global company
- Ability to partner and work effectively with store and brand leaders to develop and implement training plans
- Strong attention to detail, organized, disciplined, and personally accountable
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate complex issues in a structured and concise manner.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with colleagues and stakeholders located in diverse geographical areas/time zones (via phone and web)
- Demonstrated ability to get work done in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- The willingness to balance both office hours and meaningful time in market
- Advanced degree in related field, or commensurate work experience
- 5+ years’ experience leading, managing training and/or development in a high-volume, multi-site retail environment (including use of technology tools, e.g. technology-based training and webinars)
- 5+ years’ experience developing and implementing learning and development programs in a retail environment
- 5+ years’ experience managing complex, time sensitive projects