Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
A career at Leafly combines the excitement of a start-up, the social purpose of a non-profit, and the growth opportunities of a major corporation.
Leafly salaries and benefit packages are very competitive, the office perks are excellent, and we promise that you’ll never be bored.
If you have what it takes, you’ll be joining a global network of innovative, passionate individuals on a revolutionary mission to change the world for the better.
What We Are Looking For In This Role
Reporting to the VP of Corporate Affairs, your role is to drive Leafly’s corporate narrative and build upon our leadership position.
You’ll be an expert at crafting rich storylines that showcase our contributions to the Cannabis Industry, our innovative spirit, and our deep subject matter expertise in order to paint a picture of our bold vision for the future.
You’ll have demonstrable experience building executive visibility platforms, managing issues and crisis, driving business momentum storytelling, and partnering with legal and finance teams on relevant initiatives.
You’ll also have experience leading internal communications and have an interest in driving programs for the social good.
The right candidate will have public relations experience in the technology industry, and a blend of both agency and company experience.
Startup experience is a plus.
You must have a proven track record of building a brand reputation and recent hands-on experience collaborating with top tier business and technology media.
Here are some of your day-to-day responsibilities:
- Lead the global corporate communications function, working closely with your colleagues in product & culture communications.
- Lead strategy, content development, and oversight for our corporate initiatives, including support for product and brand related announcements.
- Refine the Leafly corporate narrative as it evolves, and consistently prepare the organization through ongoing message training.
- Be the main liaison with and counselor to internal counterparts that impact Leafly’s corporate reputation, including legal, finance, customer care, HR. Partner closely with your colleague in product & culture comms to ensure alignment with product and marketing.
- Develop and manage the executive thought leadership program and subject matter expert media relations.
- Ensure that corporate communications efforts are well planned and actively integrated with overall plans.
- Guide PR managers in global markets, and direct PR efforts surrounding global expansion.
- Manage and drive corporate communications efforts with our PR agency
- Serve as a partner to the VP of Corporate Affairs in scaling the communications organization and building organizational understanding and capacity as it relates to internal and external communication.
- Report effectively on results and ROI for efforts.
- 10+ years of corporate communications experience in a fast-growing industry. Technology industry experience highly preferred.
- Hands-on attitude and problem solver.
- Can handle ambiguity by using common sense, problem solving skills and an acute sense of judgment.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Deep understanding of and experience with social media
- Must be a collaborative team-player
- Strong attention to detail and follow through
- Sense of humor – ability to stay cool under pressure
- Self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced, innovative technology environment
- Flexible, willing to help when and where needed
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
Heads up. There’s a good chance you may not check every single box here, and that ok. But if you have a passion to learn, great judgement, incredible communications experience, and a desire to get your hands dirty and build something amazing, please apply.
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer of employment is extended.