Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
A career at Leafly combines the excitement of a start-up, the social purpose of a non-profit, and the growth opportunities of a major corporation.
Leafly salaries and benefit packages are very competitive, the office perks are excellent, and we promise that you will never be bored.
If you have what it takes, you will be joining a global network of innovative, passionate individuals on a revolutionary mission to change the world for the better.
What We Are Looking For In This Role
As the Education Editor for Leafly’s Content Department, you will be responsible for managing and executing Leafly’s education-based content project needs.
Reporting to the Director of Content and working with editorial content team members, especially informational content editors, you will take Leafly’s industry-leading cannabis content and implement it across various educational outputs, including printed materials such as books and pamphlets, online education portals/learning management systems, physical kiosks, posters, and more.
Focusing on both consumer and industry professionals, your work will reinforce Leafly’s reputation as the world’s cannabis information hub.
We’re looking for an experienced content manager with strong editing skills, a passion for education, and a savvy understanding of successful content strategies.
Applicants should be self-starters with the ability to take direction well, multi-task, and successfully own numerous projects from conception to execution.
Successful candidates will also have an affinity for distilling complex information down into fun, engaging takeaways; possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills; bring an unmatched work ethic to the table; and have a vision for driving Leafly content forward in a way that aligns with the company’s overall vision and roadmap.
Here are some of your day-to-day responsibilities:
- Work with the Director of Content, editorial team members, and cross-departmental stakeholders (including marketing, SEO, data, media, sales, and product) to help create educational materials for Leafly
- Manage the editorial execution of numerous educational projects, including ongoing strategy/maintenance of projects and programs post-launch
- Support the educational needs of Leafly’s consumer and business audiences by researching and creating user-appropriate materials designed to improve their relationships with cannabis
- Manage a small budget dedicated to support educational projects where appropriate (hiring freelancer writers, working with outside agencies or contractors, etc.)
- Align Leafly’s core business objectives with strategic education-based initiatives that fold into the Content team’s overall content efforts
- Execute platform-appropriate content projects that are customized to that audience’s learning needs (e.g. converting the same content into book, pamphlet, digital, and infographic format)
- Leverage data and analytics to refine content creation processes and strategies
- This is a position for a hardworking, self-starting, meticulously organized candidate who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- At least five years’ experience working in content creation and editing, preferably at a digital publication, magazine, or media outlet
- Background in creating content focused on education/user onboarding, especially in designing an industry-relevant curriculum for core users and understanding how to best onboard users with varying levels of knowledge/experience in a specific topic or concept
- Experience with digital media and storytelling across a variety of multimedia (written, interactive, video, podcast, infographic, quiz/poll, etc.)
- Proven track record of turning educational resources into high-value, engaging content across various categories
- Experience editing/copywriting print materials such as books, posters, and pamphlets
- Persistent drive to create engaging, creative content that educates, informs, and entertains in a brand-forward yet trustworthy manner
- Demonstration of exceptional written and verbal communication skills and complete command of AP style
- Ride or die for the Oxford comma
- A degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Education, or other relevant area of study is recommended
- Experience with WordPress or a similar CMS
- Expertise of Microsoft Office, knowledge of Google suite, and willingness to work closely with tech teams via communication tools such as Trello and Slack
- Experience managing multiple projects at once with strong multitasking skills
- Exceptional organization, project tracking/management, and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain poise under stress and to respond to requests quickly and logically
- Able to interpret and convey data and repackage in meaningful, easy-to-understand ways
- Knowledge of cannabis strains and products/familiarity with cannabis
Please include a resume, cover letter, and two samples of writing, content projects, and/or editing that best reflect your experience in education-based content.
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer of employment is extended.