Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
A career at Leafly combines the excitement of a start-up, the social purpose of a non-profit, and the growth opportunities of a major corporation.
Leafly salaries and benefit packages are very competitive, the office perks are excellent, and we promise that you’ll never be bored.
If you have what it takes, you’ll be joining a global network of innovative, passionate individuals on a revolutionary mission to change the world for the better.
What We Are Looking For In This Role
Reporting to the VP of Corporate Affairs, your role is to drive Leafly’s product story and solidify our leadership in Cannabis culture.
You’ll be an expert at crafting rich storylines that showcase our contributions to the Cannabis Industry, our innovative spirit, and our deep subject matter expertise in order to increase brand awareness and advocacy.
You’ll have demonstrable experience supporting marketing campaigns, developing product messaging, driving media coverage around new product features, and building relationships with lifestyle media and influencers.
You’ll partner closely with our marketing, editorial and content, and product teams to ensure our work to support the Cannabis consumer is top of mind.
You’ll also have experience partnering with SEO teams on link-building initiatives.
The right candidate will have public relations experience in consumer technology, with top tier technology and lifestyle media relationships. Startup experience is a plus.
Here are some of your day-to-day responsibilities:
- Develop and implement strategic PR programs focused on building awareness for the Leafly brand and Leafly product offerings.
- Manage and drive all product and culture efforts with our PR agency
- Partner closely with the Director of Corporate Communications on all initiatives to ensure marketing and product considerations are factored into all plans.
- Actively identify key media outlets and opportunities for media coverage
- Refine the Leafly product story as the product evolves, and consistently prepare the organization through ongoing message training in partnership with the Director of Corporate Communications.
- Be the main communications liaison with and counselor to internal counterparts that impact the product and culture story including engineering, product management, marketing, editorial & content, customers and sales.
- Ensure that product and culture communications efforts are well planned and actively integrated with overall plans.
- Support PR managers in global markets with the latest product messaging and insight.
- Report effectively on results and ROI for efforts.
- 7+ years of consumer technology PR experience
- Can handle ambiguity by using common sense, problem solving skills and an acute sense of judgment.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Deep understanding of and experience with social media
- Must be a collaborative team player
- Strong attention to detail and follow through
- Sense of humor – ability to stay cool under pressure
- Self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced, innovative technology environment
- Flexible, willing to help when and where needed
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
There’s a good chance you may not check every single box here, and that’s ok.
But if you have a passion to learn, great judgement, incredible communications experience, and a desire to get your hands dirty and build something amazing, please apply.
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive.
Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer of employment is extended.