Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
A career at Leafly combines the excitement of a start-up, the social purpose of a non-profit, and the growth opportunities of a major corporation in a rapidly expanding industry.
Leafly salaries and benefit packages are very competitive, the office perks are excellent, and we promise that you will never be bored.
If you have what it takes, you will be joining a global network of innovative, passionate individuals on a revolutionary mission to change the world for the better.
What We Look For In Our Key Account Executives
You are a successful, passionate sales professional with a proven track record of managing a healthy funnel of large opportunities and overachieving your quotas.
Though you are a master of the entire sales cycle, from cold call prospecting to negotiating with the C-Suite at large companies, you particularly excel at needs analysis and overcoming objections-even when it comes to raw data, you are able to find the narrative between the numbers and sell the story.
You have executive presence.
As a sales person, you are driven by challenge and enjoy collaborating with colleagues to reach team goals.
You tend to be more organized than others and have experience using Salesforce or other comparable CRM software.
You are motivated by friendly competition and tend to rise to the top sales organizations as an enthusiastic self-starter that champions time management and creative problem-solving.
And to boot, your clients LOVE you.
What We Are Looking For In This Role
As a Key Account Executive, you will drive revenue by growing Leafly’s market penetration with the largest legal cannabis retailers in your territory.
Our SaaS, advertising and content products allow our clients to convert Leafly’s diverse, engaged audience into high average value orders and loyal customers.
Sales duties will be focused on driving platform/ordering adoption with high-level decision makers at retail (storefront) parent companies that legally sell cannabis and cannabis related products to consumers.
This is a fast-paced work environment; the ability to work independently under pressure while maintaining executive presence is essential.
Though most of your work will be done in the office, the power of face-to-face interaction can be valuable and travel within your territory will be required (30 – 50%).
Here are some of your day-to-day responsibilities:
- Exceed assigned net-retention goals on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis
- Establish and maintain trust with a small to medium portfolio of large clients
- Acquire a thorough knowledge and understanding of customer needs and requirements
- Expand relationships and business with existing customers by proposing solutions that meet their growth objectives
- Serve as the link of communication between customers and internal teams
- Maintain strong relationships by planning and organizing daily work schedule to visit or call on prospective customers and potential business development opportunities
- Work closely with sales leaders to develop and execute against a plan that leads to the creation and maintenance of a robust pipeline
- Planning and presenting reports on account progress, goals and quarterly growth
- Accurately forecast monthly, quarterly and yearly growth
- Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management
- Maintain expert industry knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Complete daily account visit reports, monthly expense reports and other surveys and reports as required.
- Some travel, supporting events, openings, and other in-store activations (must have car & insurance)
- Minimum of 4 years sales experience; 2 years of large/enterprise sales or relationship management experience with VP and C-Suite level
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience within a professional work environment
- Demonstrated success working across different departments
- Demonstrated ability to maintain poise and strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Relentless drive and attention to detail
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive.
Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer of employment is extended.