Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
A career at Leafly combines the excitement of a start-up, the social purpose of a non-profit, and the growth opportunities of a major corporation.
Leafly salaries and benefit packages are very competitive, the office perks are excellent, and we promise that you will never be bored.
If you have what it takes, you will be joining a global network of innovative, passionate individuals on a revolutionary mission to change the world for the better.
What We Are Looking For In This Role
Leafly is seeking a Director of Advertising Operations, North America to lead and Leafly’s Ad Operations teams across the United States and Canada.
This role will be a crucial member of the revenue team, helping build, influence and scale Leafly’s business.
The ideal candidate will be a strategic and product minded person with experience leading and managing teams.
This position reports to the Head of Content and Brand Partnerships, North America and will be based out of our Seattle office.Strong experience building and managing a team and ad campaigns from pre to post-sale in the digital space is a must.
The Director, Ad Operations’ main responsibility is to manage the team that monitors all paid ad campaign performance to ensure successful delivery and to support all audience extension and audience development programs.
This person has high standards of oneself and others, and is meticulous, friendly, passionate, curious about the world and culture, tireless, and has a galvanizing quality in team atmospheres.
He or she is detail-oriented and organized, industrious, and a strategic and creative thinker who works efficiently in a very fast-paced environment that demands scrutiny and critical thinking at all times.
- Lead, develop and implement Ad Operations workflows, processes and systems, and oversee day-to-day campaign operations from pre to post-sale with the goal of maximizing revenue and driving client success and renewals
- Manage, train and develop the Ad Operations team with a strong focus on motivating, implementing best practices, and providing best in class customer service to help build Leafly’s client relationships
- Manage all site and ad operations metrics, including inventory and traffic forecasting, sell through rates, viewability, ad performance, native buys across Digital, Email, Social Media platforms and more
- Approve all insertion orders to ensure accuracy and compliance with internal policies
- Ensure flawless execution of trafficking, reporting, billing, and overall campaign management while delivering against campaign KPIs
- Partner with Product, Engineering, Sales, Finance and other stakeholders to optimize the performance of our platform partners and implement best practices and solutions
- Raise the operational standards of Leafly sales by creating better reporting templates, better process documentation, and filling organizational gaps throughout the org as needed
- Collaborate with Ad Product, Media and Finance teams for ad product development and testing, billing improvements, and coordinate the extension, analysis, and operations of Leafly’s ad products
- Proactively identify and resolve third party discrepancies, under-delivery, bad performance, and other issues
- Aiding with monthly billing and reconciliation process for all campaigns in partnership with the Finance department and Program Management
- Supports Sales, Operations, and Development with booked revenue and COGS activity reports at the end of each month, as well as other paid campaign accounting related efforts specifically tied to campaign delivery
- Tackle ongoing data projects that arm the team with marketable insights and load our sales and marketing collateral with irrefutable statistical ammo
- Serve as the main point of escalation and final decision point for ad campaign delivery issues
- Support the development of programmatic and audience extension / development initiatives across display, mobile and video formats
- Own relationship with sales and sales support teams
- 5-7+ years of experience overseeing advertising operations at a digital publisher or platform
- 3+ years of experience managing a team with a focus on ad ops
- Experience in developing campaign delivery optimization strategies to increase the overall value delivered to advertisers
- Experience using ad serving and reporting platforms like Google Ad Manager, DFP, DFA, Moat, GA and working with third-party tracking and measurement vendors
- Experience in programmatic or auction based media is required
- Experience working with Product teams in testing, proving and operationalizing new market-facing ad products
- Demonstrated experience working with custom ad servers and/or distributed ad networks
- Experience working with product and data science to develop client campaign reporting workflows and process
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer of employment is extended.