Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
KushMart South is proud to be the sole cannabis supplier for many of our customers.
A dedicated focus on customer experience compliments our consistent and extensive product selection at some of the most competitive prices in the region.
We are excited to add a new member to our driven and passionate team, however due to our unique culture and strong customer relationships, we are seeking a very particular type of candidate.
If your resume represents you as a potentially strong fit to our close-knit team, we will contact you for an interview and behavioral assessment.
Thank you for your interest in KushMart South!
What we offer:
- Depends on experience
- An open, fun, and engaging experience
- Paid lunches and breaks
- Employee discount and product samples
- Company parties/events
- A well-stocked employee snack pantry
- *MUST BE AVAILABLE TO CLOSE ON WEEKENDS*
- 21 years of age at application date and valid ID
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Exceptional verbal communication skills; fluent in English
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 40 pounds
- Ability to use a point of sale touch-screen system
- Ability to pass a background check
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Integrity and honesty
Strong candidates will have:
- Proven success in a retail key holder or management position
- Cannabis industry (i502) experience
- A magnetic personality
- A passion for cannabis
- The desire to be challenged
- An inherent drive to perform highly, no matter the task
- A teamwork approach
- The proven ability to spontaneously problem-solve
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Credible references
- An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree
- Key Holder
- Key Holders are trusted with sensitive information such as safe and alarm codes, and are responsible for opening and closing the store. They are trained on relevant procedures, such as closing tills and counting the safe. When no higher-ranking team member is present, the Key Holder is acting supervisor. This means you are expected to resolve consumer issues, monitor employee behavior, handle discounts and returns, and perform other supervisory tasks. Key Holders communicate regularly with managers to ensure important developments are shared throughout the team.
- Open/close store. Ensure security at close; locks and alarm.
- Count and record the safe balance; cash and change.
- Write The Daily open sheet.
- Refill ATM.
- Complete customer vape cartridge returns.
- Complete day safe drops.
- Make small-bills and coin change for tills during shifts.
- Close tills.
- Submit digital copy of the supervisor closing sheet.
- Write closing recap email daily.
- Ring out and keep track of sample products for employees.
- Ensure employees consistently participate in value-adding behavior.
- Resolve customer issues with service or products
- Budtender (Consumer Experience Associate)
- Consumer Experience Associates are the face of KushMart South. As the primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating an exceptional customer experience through unparalleled service and outstanding knowledge. While you will be executing essential retail functions, such as cash handling, cleaning, and up-selling, your role is ultimately to ensure first-time customers become regulars who tell their friends and family about the benefits of shopping with KushMart South. As the “front-line,” Consumer Experience Associates may develop the deepest understanding of demand and consumer behavior – invaluable information to communicate to management.
- Perform essential upkeep required at store open and store close to ensure a proficient customer experience and purchase.
- Count and open till.
- Greet customers and check IDs.
- Sign visitors in and out, grant and collect badges.
- Facilitate long-term customer relationships, exhibit a professional and friendly demeanor at all times, answer customer queries.
- Acquire extensive product knowledge and assist customers to identify the perfect product.
- Watch “loose” product that customers are viewing.
- Consumer experience associates may not leave any product unattended on top of display cases, in customer hands, or otherwise.
- If a customer would like to view different products than are currently out, budtenders must remove the current products from customer reach while getting new products.
- Educate customers on current and upcoming promotions.
- Assist customers through product sale and answer questions.
- Active up-selling.
- Use POS system to scan products and complete sale.
- Cash handling; making change.
- Checks ID at moment of sale.
- Cash received is counted in a fanned style (with all bills simultaneously visible) and the total received is verbally stated to the customer.
- Change given is counted in a fanned style and the total change is verbally stated to customer.
- If a discount has been applied, the total savings are verbally stated to the customer.
- All bills over $10 are marked by a counterfeit pen.
- All cash handling must be completed prior to giving purchased products to the customer.
- Ensure a disclaimer/warning is provided with every sale.
- Increase customer engagement with the KushMart loyalty program.
- Maintain tidiness; organize and clean sales floor and employee-only areas.
- Stock products.
- New products.
- Refills for existing products.
- Go-backs for products viewed but not purchased.
- Answer the store phone.
- Give a greeting, provide your first name, and prompt the caller.
- Prepare online orders, notify customers when order is ready.
- Perform inventory counts.
- Check and respond to digital platforms (When I Work, toptender) during each shift.
- Work as a team with coworkers.
- Prioritize LCB compliance at all times.
Job Type: Full-time
- key holder or management: 1 year (Preferred)
- retail sales: 2 years (Required)
- cannabis industry (i502): 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- government issued photo ID (Required)
- English (Required)
- United States (Required)
- Evening (Required)
- One location
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules
- Employee discounts
- Flexible schedules
- Every other week
- Store Manager
- Ops Manager
Employees working per shift:
- 5 or fewer
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly