Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Botanica is an industry leader and innovator in the recreational cannabis market.
We believe consumers deserve the highest-quality products made with carefully sourced ingredients and should be able to choose and have consistent experiences.
All our products are handmade with care by an extremely dedicated and diverse staff. Brands in our family include SPOT, Mr. Moxey’s Mints and Journeyman.
We are looking for an innovative, meticulous and problem-solving Research & Development Manager.
This role requires a creative, forward-thinking mentality coupled with an eye for detail and organization.
You should have experience developing consumer products (ideally in cannabis), and have broad knowledge about cannabis and its properties when used in an edible format.
In addition to developing new recipes, you will be responsible for training our production team on process and troubleshooting issues as they arise when scaling recipes.
- Oversee research and development of new products such as baked goods, confections, chocolates as communicated by the Innovation team & company leadership
- Grow new product ideas through conception into development and full scale production
- Formulate calculations to verify cannabis dosages for production and understand cannabis properties that may impact final product dosage
- Develop SOP’s to establish procedures to be followed by production team
- Tweak current products as needed for shelf stability, taste, and other modifications
- Stay abreast of technical trends in cannabis industry to potentially incorporate into current product range
- Create iterations of current products to incorporate new flavors or format of product
- Source and implement equipment for new production needs
- Work with operations team to identify best method of packaging new products
- Conduct new product testing and establish QA guidelines for production & operations teams to follow
- Source ingredients as needed for recipe development
- Provide training to company employees and occasional travel to train third parties as needed on production of products
- 3 – 5+ years of work in consumer product development and general experience in commercial kitchens
- Prior work with cannabis production highly preferred
- Knowledge of all properties and characteristics of all forms of cannabis extractions including CO2 oil and isolate
- Previous exposure/work with using herbs a strong positive
- Excellent technical skills in product formulation, planning, troubleshooting and overall creative thinking
- Superior math skills and overall mastery of complex calculations used for recipe development
- Follows best kitchen practices and GMP
- Experience writing and refining SOP’s
- Comfortable working with a range of employees and able to train effectively
- Can carry out repetitive tasks with high level of quality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with coworkers and management
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Constantly reach at waist, grasp
- Frequently stand, walk, reach at shoulder, bend
- Occasionally reach overhead, reach at knee, reach at floor, stoop, squat, crouch, kneel, stair climb, pivot, twist, push / pull with arms, pinch, perform fine motor movements, shoulder abduction
- Routine exposure to hot, cold, loud noises and wet conditions
- Demonstrate the ability to lift 50 lbs, and manage in excess of 70 lbs
Important — Only candidates who send a cover letter and resume will be considered for the position. We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Type: Full-time