Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Botanica is seeking a talented Controller to oversee day-to-day GAAP accounting, monthly internal reporting packages and tax accounting for a fast-growing, consumer product company in the cannabis space.
Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of accounting experience, as well as up-to-date knowledge of all current financial and accounting conventions.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience with high volume wholesale/retail businesses and multiple-component COGS accounting for a complex product line.
Familiarity with modern accounting software and applications a plus.
The Controller will directly oversee the accounting department for three related entities.
Two entities are production facilities that are licensed I-502 processors making a variety of cannabis-infused products sold in recreational retail outlets across Washington and Oregon state.
While this industry has its own set of rules and regulations, core accounting principles still apply.
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Inventory Accounting, Revenue Recognition, Account Reconciliations, and Payroll
- Complete monthly, quarterly and year-end close process and prepare timely financial statements following GAAP accounting across and between entities
- Analytical analysis of financial performance including cost accounting and margin analysis
- Manage in-process production accounting (WIP)
- Develop and document business workflows and accounting policies and procedures to maintain and strengthen internal controls to ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with state and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Continual improvement of workflow and automation (as appropriate) of financial systems and processes
- Maintain positive working relationships with customers while collecting receivables and with vendors while negotiating payment terms
- Other projects as assigned
- Must have minimum 5 years relevant experience
- CPA and public accounting preferred
- Experience in Cost Accounting, preferably in manufacturing or food production environment
- Knowledge of current GAAP accounting procedures
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, independent work ethic, energetic, detail oriented, self-starter, problem solver, collaborative and pro-active communicator
- Ability to work independently and prioritize in an environment with ever-changing priorities
- Solid MS Office knowledge as well as working knowledge of Google Drive and related applications
If you are interested in applying, please send a resume and cover letter detailing your interest in the position.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Type: Full-time