Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Linkedin.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
A career at Leafly combines the excitement of a start-up, the social purpose of a non-profit, and the growth opportunities of a corporation.
Leafly salaries and benefit packages are very competitive, the office perks are excellent, and we promise that you’ll never be bored.
If you have what it takes, you’ll be joining a global network of innovative, passionate individuals on a revolutionary mission to change the world for the better.
What We Are Looking For In This Role
Leafly is looking for a User Researcher with an entrepreneurial spirit to design and conduct research activities that inform concepts and design direction, and that ultimately improve the customer experience for all Leafly users.
Our research activities include but are not limited to: ethnographic research, managing usability and field work, and working with product managers, designers, content experts, and other disciplines with the goal of designing the best possible experience.
As a researcher, you have a deep understanding of user research methods and best practices, along with a nimble, creative and pragmatic approach, and can evaluate and communicate research findings to UX and other business stakeholders.
You have the ability to work quickly while delivering high-quality outputs on overlapping efforts, possess strong organizational skills along with the ability to multitask, you’re comfortable with ambiguity, and thrive in an environment where learning comes from many places.
Here are some of your day-to-day responsibilities
- Help drive the direction of products and features that contribute to Leafly’s efforts as an innovator and thought leader in the cannabis industry
- Apply a variety of methodologies and approaches to understand and solve challenging user problems
- Partner closely with product teams to define, measure, and communicate user research insights, and see products through from ideation to ship
- Collect and analyze user behavior through lab studies, field visits, ethnography, surveys, benchmark studies, and online experiments
- Identify risks, and communicate results to the appropriate stakeholders
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research
- Contribute to product-wide design decisions and research improvement discussions
- Master’s degree in Experimental Psychology, Human Computer Interaction, or a related field
- 5+ years of proven success conducting user research in a large-scale software platform setting, or equivalent
- End-to-end experience with all aspects of the user research lifecycle (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting, communicating, budgeting, and research)
- Experience with ethnographic work, contextual Inquiry, user insight generation and related user research, along with demonstrated results
- Ability to work effectively with multidisciplinary product teams to translate research findings into product improvements
- Experience in best practices for user research and knowledge of the best approach for the requirements
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills
- The ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- The ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously, and multi-task
- Having shipped multiple releases of software platform products
- Excellent command of generative user research methodologies
- Solid understanding of the software development cycle
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive.
Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer of employment is extended.