Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
A career at Leafly combines the excitement of a start-up, the social purpose of a non-profit, and the growth opportunities of a corporation.
This is a paid internship position, the office perks are excellent, and we promise that you’ll never be bored.
If you have what it takes, you’ll be joining a global network of innovative, passionate individuals on a revolutionary mission to change the world for the better.
What You Will Be Doing:
The Accounting Intern will be a support champion for the accounting team and report to the Accounting Manager.
You will assist with multiple projects and standard accounting functions including accounts payable, general ledger journal entries, financial statement production and analysis, ad-hoc modeling, and other opportunities as they arise.
The ideal candidate will be data driven, detail oriented, strong communicator, comfortable dealing with ambiguity and effective in balancing multiple priorities.
This role will provide great experience with a rapidly expanding organization in the rapidly evolving global cannabis industry.
- Process accounts payable invoices including recording them in the general ledger and obtaining approvals
- Maintain all electronic vendor files, verifying vendors and ensuring complete entries
- Process business and travel expense reimbursements
- Monitor and track credit card spending, including month end reconciliation
- Prepare journal entries, maintain and reconcile general ledger accounts
- Assist in ad-hoc projects and analysis as they arise
- Currently pursuing BS/BA or Master’s Degree degree in Accounting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong organizational, problem solving and prioritization skills
- Ability to work autonomously in a rapidly growing company
- Excellent team and positive interpersonal skills, with a general willingness to help others
Preferred but optional qualifications:
- Experience in accounting systems is a plus, particularly in Netsuite.
- Ability to pick up new tools and systems
- The ideal candidate will have experience in a professional work environment
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive.
Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer of employment is extended.