Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Docklight Brands is a pioneering consumer brand company crafting the future of the rapidly-emerging, legal cannabis and cannabinoid industries.
Docklight’s focus is on building lasting cannabis and hemp-derived brands that consumers crave.
Docklight uses its deep understanding of consumer needs states and category trends to create brands that resonate with consumers and are among the bestselling cannabis and hemp-derived brands on the market.
Docklight’s portfolio of brands include Marley Natural, The Goodship, Irisa, Dutchy and Headlight.
Docklight deploys an asset light business model to scale brands and IP quickly across the world.
Docklight was founded by Privateer Holdings, Inc., a Seattle-based private equity firm that invests exclusively in the emerging legal cannabis and cannabinoid industry.
At Docklight you’ll have the freedom to flex your intellect and creativity.
You’ll apply your skills, experience, and entrepreneurial spirit to a wide variety of projects on a global scale.
You’ll move fast, think on your feet and never be bored. This is a new frontier.
It’s fast-paced and complex but deeply rewarding for those up to the challenge.
Salaries and benefit packages are very competitive.
The office and its unparalleled lake view are among the best in Seattle.
You’ll be appreciated and welcomed as part of our team.
This is your chance to make a lasting impact on the rapidly developing cannabis industry.
Are you ready?
What You Will Be Doing:
Docklight is seeking a motivated, dynamic and team-oriented compliance professional to join a growing legal & compliance team supporting a global business.
The Director of Regulatory Compliance position will focus on developing a first-in-class regulatory compliance program that ensures that Docklight products meet the highest quality standards and consumer demand.
The position will be based in our Seattle office, and will report to the VP of Legal Affairs.
Candidates must have excellent business judgment and the ability to work both independently, as well as collaboratively, in a collegial, fast-paced team environment.
- Provide regulatory compliance leadership, strategy and guidance by working directly with stakeholders (product R&D, marketing, sales, and legal) from concept through review and adoption of regulatory initiatives ensuring compliance with corporate policies, federal and state regulations, and company growth objectives.
- Develop, implement, manage and monitor an integrated program to assure that quality, safety and regulatory compliance standards are met for all food, beverage, nutraceutical and cosmetic items manufactured, distributed and sold by Docklight
- Develop, implement and monitor an ingredient supplier and contract manufacture quality control program to ensure the continuous supply of safe, wholesome and premium quality products to customers.
- Complete packaging, label, and claims reviews/approvals for FDA, FTC and USDA regulated products.
- Create an internal program, or alternatively, manage a third-party auditing program to validate supplier, contract manufacturer, and licensee compliance. Utilize audit data to identify risks and opportunities for improvement for each.
- Provide regulatory guidance and answer compliance-related questions regarding food, beverage, dietary supplement and cosmetic products, in accordance with emerging/new regulations
- Provide counseling and review of advertising, content, marketing and promotions (both traditional media and online).
- Clearly and efficiently analyze issues and communicate options in the face of ambiguity.
- Develop, maintain, and manage a system/database to retain program documents, including: ingredient approvals, product files, labeling proofs, adverse events, and audit documentation.
- Prepare and deliver relevant trainings to internal clients
- 7+ years of regulatory compliance or similar experience.
- 3+ years of auditing and leading continuous improvement of internal compliance programs and supplier, contract manufacturer and vendor quality assurance systems.
- Excellent business judgment and the ability to work both independently, as well as collaboratively, in a collegial, fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to digest new information quickly and react positively to new and challenging opportunities.
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior leadership, other internal peers, and outside parties.
- Sound judgement and decision-making skill with proven ability to manage and resolve conflicts.
- JD degree is preferred but not required
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines
Please no phone calls/No recruiting agencies
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and it is not all inclusive.
Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned by the company to fluctuate with business needs.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Background check will be conducted after conditional offer of employment is extended.