Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
A career at Leafly combines the excitement of a start-up, the social purpose of a non-profit, and the growth opportunities of a major corporation.
Leafly salaries and benefit packages are very competitive, the office perks are excellent, and we promise that you will never be bored.
If you have what it takes, you will be joining a global network of innovative, passionate individuals on a revolutionary mission to change the world for the better.
What We Look For In Our Branded Content Editor
The Branded Content Editor works with the media team and other departments across Leafly to create world-class sponsored content for advertisers on Leafly.com.
They will lead the editorial execution of all sponsored content stories from pitching to publication.
What We Are Looking For In This Role
- Work directly with account management and editorial teams, representing the interests of both while managing the sponsored content editorial calendar.
- Work with clients in and outside of the cannabis industry, developing custom content that seamlessly fits Leafly’s voice and brand guidelines while simultaneously meeting the needs of sponsoring advertisers.
- Write, edit, assign, build, and publish sponsored articles on cannabis news and culture in categories such as science, health, cannabis 101, products, industry, and lifestyle.
- Contribute a wide variety of original, compelling story and series ideas for sales team to pitch to potential sponsors.
- Work with SEO, data, photography, video, digital marketing, sales, and account management team members to ensure success, drive client satisfaction, and pave the way for future sales.
- Participate in editorial meetings and identify content gaps that can be filled by sponsored stories.
- Work with our video team to create storylines for sponsored video content.
- Leverage data and analytics to refine processes and improve future content.
- Three to five years’ experience working in sponsored content, branded content, content marketing, or a similar field.
- Strong written communication background and the ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Experience turning brand stories into engaging content across a range of topics and geared toward different audiences.
- Ability to create high-value and engaging content.
- Be a highly organized and highly dedicated employee who is interested in working in one of the fastest-growing areas of our business.
- Demonstrated aptitude for juggling several projects at different stages of development.
- Strong understanding of social media and SEO.
- Experience with WordPress or similar CMS a plus.
- Experience with digital media and storytelling, including familiarity with multimedia approaches to content such as video and audio scripting or developing infographic content, is a plus.
- A degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or other relevant area of study.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and command of AP style.
- The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer of employment is extended.