Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
botanicaSeattle is seeking a contract or part-time staff accountant to manage monthly GAAP accounting duties for a fast-growing, consumer product company in the cannabis space.
Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of accounting experience, as well as up-to-date knowledge of all GAAP conventions.
QuickBooks Enterprise expert level highly desired.
- Manage biweekly payroll for 60 salaried and hourly employees
- Maintain fixed asset schedules and related monthly deprecation journal entries
- Manage employee expense reporting and related monthly closing entries
- Assist with production accounting (setting up BOMs, production build accounting, etc.)
- Assist in monthly close process, including inventory adjustments/reconciliations
- Maintain and reconcile intercompany A/R and A/P as a part of the monthly closing process
- Manage and comply with state and local reporting requirements and tax filings
- Other projects as needed
- Must have minimum 5 years relevant experience
- CPA and public accounting a plus
- Experience in Cost Accounting, preferably in manufacturing or food production environment
- Knowledge of current GAAP accounting procedures
- QuickBooks Enterprise expert level
- Excellent communication skills, independent work ethic, energetic, detail oriented, self-starter, problem solver, collaborative and pro-active communicator
- Solid MS Office knowledge as well as working knowledge of Google Drive and related applications
To apply, please send your resume and brief cover letter explaining your interest and availability for this role.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Full Time Opportunity: