Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
A career at Leafly combines the excitement of a start-up, the social purpose of a non-profit, and the growth opportunities of a corporation.
Leafly salaries and benefit packages are very competitive, the office perks are excellent, and we promise that you’ll never be bored.
If you have what it takes, you’ll be joining a global network of innovative, passionate individuals on a revolutionary mission to change the world for the better.
What We Are Looking For In This Role
The Senior Financial Analyst will be a business partner to teams across the organization and report to the Director of Finance.
You will work closely with the Director of Finance and business leaders to provide financial support and insight on the business.
The ideal candidate will have experience analyzing multiple revenue opportunities and identifying the most advantageous, preferably in a digital publishing/advertising or marketplace business and will be analytical, data driven, detail oriented, comfortable dealing with ambiguity and effective in balancing multiple priorities.
This role will be critical in Leafly continuing to leverage our leadership position in the rapidly evolving global cannabis industry.
Here are some of your day to day responsibilities:
- Ownership of budgeting, planning and forecasting for the organization and ensuring assumptions are consistent, data is accurate,business drivers are identified and monitored, and risks and opportunities are understood
- Work closely with Product Managers and Sales Leaders to model revenue potential of new products and markets
- Identify root causes of financial performance; Actively call out risks and find opportunities to steer the business towards beating targets
- Work with Senior Leadership on financial presentations for internal stakeholders, Board of Directors, and current and potential investors
- Ownership of the long-term (3-5 year) financial model
- Analyse overall effectiveness of different business initiatives providing leadership with ongoing risk assessment against objectives;
- Support decision-making through analysis of past performance and projecting financial scenarios;
- Build and refine robust financial models;
- Work closely with the Data Team to translate financial information into easily consumable dashboards in Tableau and/or Salesforce
- Perform ad-hoc analyses and deep dives to improve financial and operational performance and evaluate new opportunities
- BS/BA degree or better in relevant discipline or equivalent in relevant experience in operations
- The ideal candidate will have 5+ years experience in similar roles, preferably in the digital publisher/advertising industry with international presence
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, extensive modeling experience and Microsoft Powerpoint or presentation skills
- Strong program management, problem solving and multi-tasking skills
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously in a rapidly growing company
- Business acumen: can explain the story behind the numbers and recommend solutions
- Preferred but optional qualifications:
- Proficiency in Tableau salesforce.com development and/or integration
- Excellent team and positive interpersonal skills, with a general willingness to help others
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive.
Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer of employment is extended.