Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Linkedin.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Analyzing plant material, natural product extracts and finished consumer products for chemical profiles, including sample preparation, interfacing with the instrument and analyzing raw data in order to report legally defensible results to clients
- Ability to understand written standard operating procedures and adhere to lab standards, turnaround times, documentation, traceability and confidentiality requirements
- Assisting with method development and validation for trace level detection of heavy metals and pesticides
- Working with Science Director and Lab Manager to expand capability of existing instrumentation
- Receive training or refresher training to perform other scientific tests or assays as necessary for client samples to be processed in a timely manner
- Work in cooperation with other analysts and technicians to ensure client satisfaction
This position has no supervisory responsibilities at this time.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Familiar with ISO 17025 methods and documentation, GLP and/or WA state LCB I502 cannabis code
- Comfortable with advanced functions of Microsoft office suite (Excel, Word,)
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in chemistry, biochemistry, toxicology or closely related field.
- 3-5 years hands-on experience in an analytical chemistry environment using one (preferably more) of the following instrumentation/methods:
- Microwave digestion + ICP-MS elemental analysis,
- Microbiological plating and quantitation,
- quantitative PCR assays,
- analytical chemistry method development and validation
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business documents, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers and other staff.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute ratio and percent and interpret graphs. Understanding of basic accounting principles.
Ability to define problems collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret technical instructions in various forms and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
This position is classified as a sensitive Tribal position. Therefore, applicant must submit to and clear a pre-employment criminal background check.
Ability to perform manual labor tasks which can include sitting, standing, stooping, stretching, reaching, performing repetitive tasks and frequently lifting up to 50 pounds. Good eye-hand coordination for accurate small volume measuring is required.
This is a normal laboratory setting; noise level ranges from quite to loud but is usually moderate.