Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
We are Docklight, a small but growing private equity-backed company shaping the future of the rapidly growing legal cannabis industry.
We are building a portfolio of global brands that consumers love to lead, legitimize, and define the future of cannabis.
We need bold leaders to join us.
As the global industry evolves cannabis brands will play a key role in the growth of consumer adoption — you can help build these brands one state and one country at a time.
At Docklight you’ll have the freedom to flex your intellect and creativity.
You’ll apply your skills, experience, and entrepreneurial spirit to a wide variety of projects on a global scale.
You’ll move fast, think on your feet and never be bored.
This is a new frontier.
It’s fast-paced and complex but deeply rewarding for those up to the challenge.
Salaries and benefit packages are very competitive.
The office and its unparalleled lake view is among the best in Seattle.
You’ll feel appreciated and welcome as part of our team.
This is your chance to make a lasting impact on the rapidly developing cannabis industry.
Are you ready?
What You Will Be Doing:
The Accounting Manager is responsible for all areas related to Accounting operations, and as part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will direct the principles, practice and procedures of accounting within Docklight Brands.
With guidance and support from the Corporate Controller, the position will work closely with all functional areas of the business to build out new or modify existing processes and will give the opportunity to make a lasting impact by creating key processes from scratch and influence business leaders across the Company.
- Manage and Administer accounts payable including:
- Vendor payments and management
- Credit card payments
- Employee reimbursements
- Manage and administer month end close processes including:
- Month end journal entries
- Tax reporting and corporate governance filings
- Compiling Month end close reporting package
- Prepare weekly/monthly financial reports and distribute to business team
- Prepare quarterly financial reports for management and partners
- New Vendor/Customer onboarding and set up
- Prepare internal memos and compile standard operating procedures
- Draft and implement key policies and procedures
- Assist with year-end audits and the preparation of annual financial statements
- Onboarding new hires
- Manage tracking and accounting for fixed assets
- Assist account managers with invoicing policies and procedures
- Implement processes and procedures to improve efficiency of the accounting recordation as well as monthly closing processes
- Ensure all necessary permits and licenses are current
- Verify employee payrolls are correct each pay cycle
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Minimum 3-5 years accounting experience (Big 4 Public accounting experience preferred)
- Extensive knowledge of GAAP (Licensing and manufacturing experience preferred)
- Candidate should be energetic, detail-oriented, self-motivated and be able to adapt to changing priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to prioritize and organize in a complex environment
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, analytical and managerial organizational skills
- Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
- Work with minimal supervision
- Must be comfortable with ambiguity and wide area of dynamic responsibilities
- Proficiency with accounting software (Quickbooks preferred) and Microsoft Excel
- Strong work ethic along with a high level of moral judgement for handling confidential information and monetary transactions
Please no phone calls/No recruiting agencies
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and it is not all inclusive.
Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned by the company to fluctuate with business needs.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Background check will be conducted after conditional offer of employment is extended.