Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
SōRSE Technology is a food science and intellectual property company specializing in emulsion technology.
Our clients are both operating in and entering the hemp CBD and/or cannabis space and use our proprietary SōRSE emulsion to provide better and safer hemp CBD and/or cannabis edible and beverage experiences.
SōRSE emulsions are currently found in the #1 cannabis beverage in Washington.
SōRSE Technology is looking for a Lab Technician with basic lab science experience.
The Lab Technician assists in the development of product formulations that leverage expertise in food chemistry and food ingredient functionality.
- Assist in the development of product formulations that leverages expertise in food chemistry and food ingredient functionality
- Design and execute experiments, and analyze and interpret data to make sound technical recommendations on product and process
- Develop new products and processes on short time lines. Including consumer tests, laboratory work, process lab test runs and some full scale runs in manufacturing
- Independently lead and participate in quality/product improvement
- Maintain lab according to AIB, Regulatory, and internal company standards including Safety requirements.
- Provide oversight to ensure maintained lab equipment including basic repairs, sanitation, requesting service, troubleshooting
- Maintain and manage product and raw ingredient inventories in-lab, refrigerated / frozen storage
- Manage consumer testing requests and preparing samples for lab analysis
- NOTE: travel and over time may be warranted as projects require
- Support post launch activities which would include product quality monitoring
- Coordinate and manage product reviews internally and sample preparation for Customer Meetings
- Draft Standard Operating Procedures on equipment, as well as newly developed processes and products
- Prior experience in a laboratory, commercial food development or manufacturing environment preferred
- Experienced with Excel, Outlook, Powder Point, Word required
- Strong Math and Analytical skills required
- Experience with using and maintaining a lab notebook
SōRSE Technology does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.
These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
SōRSE Technology is an equal opportunity employer.
We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $22.00 /hour
- Laboratory: 2 years (Required)
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Analysis Skills: 1 year (Required)
- One location
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs