Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
We are Docklight, a small but growing private equity-backed company shaping the future of the rapidly growing legal cannabis industry.
We are building a portfolio of global brands that consumers love, in order to lead, legitimize, and define the future of cannabis.
We need bold leaders to join us.
As the global industry evolves strong cannabis brands will play a key role in the growth of consumer adoption — you can help build these brands one state and one country at a time.
At Docklight you’ll have the freedom to flex your intellect and creativity.
You’ll apply your skills, experience, and entrepreneurial spirit to a wide variety of projects on a global scale.
You’ll move fast, think on your feet and never be bored.
This is a new frontier.
It’s fast-paced and complex but deeply rewarding for those up to the challenge.
Salaries and benefit packages are very competitive.
The office and its unparalleled lake view are among the best in Seattle.
You’ll be appreciated and welcomed as part of our team.
This is your chance to make a lasting impact on the rapidly developing cannabis industry.
Are you ready?
What You Will Be Doing:
Docklight is seeking a motivated, dynamic and team-oriented attorney to join a growing legal team supporting a global business.
The Senior Corporate Counsel position will focus on advising all Docklight business units and leadership, will be based in our Seattle office, and will report to the VP of Legal Affairs.
Candidates must have excellent business judgment and the ability to work both independently, as well as collaboratively, in a collegial, fast-paced team environment.
The Senior Corporate Counsel will attend to wide variety of legal matters, including but not limited to:
- Legal & regulatory issues applicable to an international CPG company, including: new product review (labels, claims, efficacy, etc.); brand and product research and development; supply chain matters; import/export and sales.
- Review, draft and negotiate a variety of agreements, templates and other documents, including: ingredient and materials supply agreements; intellectual property licenses; contract manufacturing, white label, & co-packer agreements; vendor supply agreements; software and cloud services agreements; advertising agreements; and professional services agreements.
- Applicable regulatory matters (FDA, FTC, USDA, CPB, and their relevant state equivalents).
- Advertising, content, marketing and promotions review, guidance and sign-off.
- Review and prepare documentation and internal policies for risk management, corporate governance, and corporate compliance.
- Working with VP of Legal Affairs, executive leadership and other business units to identify and manage key risks and opportunities.
- JD from an accredited law school, admitted to the bar in any US jurisdiction.
- Minimum 7 years professional experience as an attorney, preferably with a focus in a highly regulated consumer products industry.
- Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional, fast-paced teams.
- Must be relationship-oriented with excellent business judgment, strategic thinking, and project management skills.
- Must possess ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities, follow through and meet deadlines.
- Must possess a strong work ethic and be able to work well under pressure and with minimal supervision.
- Must possess strong analytical skills, as well as strong research, organizational, problem-solving, and project management skills.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Position is located in Seattle, WA. Some travel (< 20%) is required.
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive.
Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer of employment is extended.
Categories: cannabis industry