Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Have a Heart is the fastest-growing cannabis retailer on the west coast with operating stores in WA, CA, OR and IA, and further launch plans underway.
We are currently seeking a Payroll Specialist to join our Seattle office.
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for the accurate, complete and timely processing of payroll duties for all company work locations, including all exempt and non-exempt employees based at any US site, as well as remote employees.
This role will include responsibility for bi-weekly processing; daily auditing and reporting; compliance training and enforcement related to applicable wage and hour laws; monthly, quarterly and/or year-end reporting for each jurisdiction with active operations, as required; other projects within the Human Resources department as assigned.
This position will be based at our Fremont-area office and will be expected to work a general Monday – Friday schedule, with nights and weekends required based on business need. Some travel may be required to assist with new operation openings.
Required Education and Experience
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Minimum of three (3) years processing multi-state payroll for at least 300 employees, including hands-on experience processing both exempt and non-
exempt payroll in California and Washington, is required.
3. Minimum of 5 years of overall payroll experience with a heavily non-exempt workforce is required.
4. Working knowledge of standard timekeeping hardware and software processes required (must have experience working with a payroll-specific system with corresponding timekeeping hardware).
5. Proven track record of effective implementation of new or updated payroll-related processes and policies, with the ability to communicate across all levels of the organization in a friendly, helpful and supportive manner at all times.
6. Experience creating and managing payroll reporting and accountability measures across an organization.
7. In-depth knowledge of federal and jurisdictional compliance related to payroll activities is required, with the ability to quickly and accurately research and translate updated or new requirements into easily understood policy and procedure, required.
8. High degree of skill with Excel is required.
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Hands-on experience with HRIS and/or payroll system implementation helpful.
2. Work experience in a retail or hospitality environment helpful.
3. Payroll processing experience in OR helpful.
4. Human resources work experience, in particular in benefits administration and/or labor relations, helpful.
5. Working knowledge of cannabis industry compliance and operational best practices helpful.
Have a Heart is proud to offer a competitive compensation package, including insurance benefits, company discounts, and ongoing opportunities for career development.