Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Tamerlane Trading Co., Washington State’s first and largest cannabis brokerage services company, is looking for a customer centric and driven Cannabis and Hemp Specialist to join our motivated Grading & Standardization team.
In this role, you are responsible for driving the state visiting multiple suppliers daily, physically inspecting and grading cannabis and hemp materials, then inputting and uploading detailed product information into our inventory platform.
Our company is a customer-obsessed, tight-knit, supportive group.
Our focus is on the “we”, in order to succeed in exceeding customer expectations.
A career with Tamerlane combines the excitement of a start-up, the social purpose of a non-profit, and the growth opportunities of a corporation.
- Deliver exceptional customer service, from first contact through the grading process
- Grade and standardize cannabis and hemp products each month at volume
- Roadwarrior traveling the state visiting multiple production and processing facilities each day according to a weekly priority list
- Using a structured approach you will also love the fact finding journey of discovering exactly how cannabis is grown, harvested, dried, cured, and processed
- Directly contribute to the economic sustainability of our suppliers through in-field education, and standardization at both a farm and manufacturing level
- Implement precise grading protocols in an efficient manner while putting customers at ease during the process
- Fill out and complete paperwork during and after each supplier visit
- Complete mileage and travel log daily
- Estimate and manage your time and logistics efficiently; set your schedule and arrive on time, consistently
- Import and/or create inventory according to our inventory system
- Qualify prospects via the phone, email, and webinar meetings
- Work closely with the Director of Supply Chain Operations to develop and execute against a territory plan that leads to the creation and maintenance of a robust supplier and inventory pipeline
- Plan and develop visitation schedules using our CRM platform
- Resolve customer complaints efficiently. Investigate problems, develop solutions, prepare reports, and make recommendations to management
- Develop and maintain expert industry knowledge. Attend industry events, review professional publications, establish personal networks and take part in cannabis education days
- Occasionally participate in evening and/or weekend promotions and assist with special events as needed
- Frequent travel within your territory
- Have and maintain reliable transportation
We are looking for a team player who is driven, proactive, and passionate about the space, our business and the opportunity, and who are effective problem solvers able to execute with little supervision.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Extensive cannabis knowledge, and be very familiar with cannabis and hemp throughout the entire life cycle of the plant (clone, veg., flowering, flush, harvest, cure)
- Be able to identify and verify quality standards across all material types including: A flower, B flower, trim, and all forms of concentrates
- Have an in-depth knowledge of cannabis processing and extraction, while also understanding how i502 works
- Knowledge about all things cannabis
- A sense of customer obsession
- Know the difference between light burn, nutrient deficiencies, and bleaching
- The ability to identify seeds, bugs, as well as molds and mildews when inspecting product
- Value our mission and company culture
- Excellent judgment and possesses relentlessly high standards
- A consultative, solution based communication methodology
- Documented success achieving and exceeding assigned quotas
- The ability to pick up new things and learn quickly
- Experience with online software and data entry preferred
- Previous CRM or SRM experience considered a plus
- Experience with Inventory Systems or ERP’s preferred
- Sales and account management experience considered a plus
Tamerlane’s mission is to create an economically viable, stable and sustainable cannabis industry.
Tamerlane provides Washington State cannabis operators access to the largest network of trusted buyers, suppliers, and service providers in the state.
More than 300 licensed cannabis producer/processors rely on Tamerlane to help them increase revenues, reduce time to market, and improve operational efficiencies.
Tamerlane offers a highly competitive salary and benefits package. Compensation package includes base salary, bonus schedule, and travel allowance.
Base salary will depend on experience.
Tamerlane Trading is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Individuals seeking employment at Tamerlane are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.
Job Type: Full-time
- Data Entry: 1 year (Preferred)
- Professional Cannabis: 2 years (Preferred)
- Supplier Management: 2 years (Preferred)
- drivers (Required)
- United States (Required)
- On the road
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly