Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
We are Docklight, a small but growing private equity-backed company shaping the future of the rapidly growing legal cannabis industry.
We are building a portfolio of global brands that consumers love, in order to lead, legitimize, and define the future of cannabis.
We need bold leaders to join us.As the global industry evolves strong cannabis brands will play a key role in the growth of consumer adoption — you can help build these brands one state and one country at a time.
At Docklight you’ll have the freedom to flex your intellect and creativity.
You’ll apply your skills, experience, and entrepreneurial spirit to a wide variety of projects on a global scale.
You’ll move fast, think on your feet and never be bored. This is a new frontier.
It’s fast-paced and complex but deeply rewarding for those up to the challenge.
Salaries and benefit packages are very competitive.
The office and its unparalleled lake view are among the best in Seattle.
You’ll be appreciated and welcomed as part of our team.
This is your chance to make a lasting impact on the rapidly developing cannabis industry.
Are you ready?
What You Will Be Doing:
As a Docklight Sr. Designer you will steward the visual development and growth of multiple emerging brands in the global cannabis industry.
You will evolve existing brands and create new ones.
You will design and develop compelling, industry-leading packaging.
You will balance aesthetics with brand strategy, and you will help lead and execute design development across a wide range of projects from the macro to the micro.
Your work will speak to consumers and in turn build brand market share.
You will understand and internalize the breadth and complexities of the cannabis product marketplace to deliver consumers clear, meaningful and compelling design implemented across products and marketing.
- Define, maintain and champion global brand aesthetic and voice across channels
- Design and develop industry-leading product packaging from concept through production
- Work across the expanding portfolio of Docklight brands and products
- Guide and mentor team’s design work
- Work with the entire marketing team to develop and elevate marketing materials
- Bring fresh, compelling and professional design and execution
- Push packaging design and development to ensure our products are industry-leading
- Coordinate with packaging and marketing to deliver integrated results
- Confidently direct your own and others’ work
- Audit brand aesthetic output and help improve and clarify
- Bring creative ideas and quick execution to campaign execution
- Develop and design collateral, templates, SWAG, merchandising, POS, etc. for multiple brands
- Execute efficiently while managing competing priorities
- Design and coordinate executive presentations
- Adjust products and campaigns to keep up with an ever-changing regulatory environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising or related field
- 3+ years design agency experience, preferably in consumer package goods brands
- High level of creativity, big picture thinker with attention to detail
- Demonstration of cross-discipline design execution
- Consumer packaging design experience
- Advanced communication, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Ability to succeed despite chaos
- Ability to interpret, organize and visualize data
- Advanced problem solving and decision-making abilities
- Willingness to roll up sleeves and execute
- Interest, curiosity and knowledge of leading consumer brand design strategy
- Knowledge and experience in the cannabis industry interesting but not required
Please no phone calls/No recruiting agencies
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and it is not all inclusive.
Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned by the company to fluctuate with business needs.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Background check will be conducted after conditional offer of employment is extended.