Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
The Senior Technical Advisor for the CEO of Leafly is a highly visible role which serves as a business liaison, program leader, and consultant to the CEO and leadership team on numerous business topics across the company.
The primary function of the Senior Technical Advisor is to lead programs and solve problems on behalf of the CEO.
The goal is to develop the skills and thinking to lead a business in the next role.
- Serve as a senior company leader:
- Participate in all meetings with the CEO
- Assist the CEO on strategic planning
- Generate new, relevant ideas and investigate long-term opportunities
- Lead special projects with the CEO
- Implement systems ensuring strong follow-up management occurs on action items and questions with relevant senior leaders in coordination with CEO
- Draw CEO focus and attention to key issues, identifying potential solutions and facilitating implementation
- Drive business reporting and achievement of goals across the org, including:
- Drive senior leadership team actions items
- Monitor goal status and updates
- Partner with Finance to lead fortnightly, monthly and quarterly business reviews
- Partner with Finance to manage to HC targets
- Drive teams to determine best practices on key business and technical areas
- Ensure best practices are shared appropriately with teams in all countries
- Help CEO carry out efficient and effective management by:
- Ensuring time is focused on the highest value activities and issues
- Pre-reading and summarizing major business write-ups from teams
- From time to time, attending meetings as a proxy for CEO
- Building and managing agendas for leadership team
- Discovering root causes and leading fixes to the issues
- Providing an independent perspective and acting as a sounding-board for ideas
- Offering feedback on internal and external issues
- Creating content for periodic update emails and all-hands meetings as well as internal and external presentations
- Contribute to building a strong team culture
- Discover and investigate external technology and business trends by:
- Exploring market trends that present strategic opportunity or risk
- Liaising with Chief Strategy Officer
- Generating and investigating ad hoc innovative ideas from any of the relevant technology or business research
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in an analytical area
- MBA degree preferred
- 5+ years professional experience in product management, engineering or business analytics
- Ability to deliver results in a fast-paced environment
- Confidence operating independently and working with ambiguity
- Excellent communication skills, experience working with senior management teams
- Management of competing priorities across a wide range of stakeholders
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive.
Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer of employment is extended.