Note: This information was received via e-mail 3/25/2019 from the State of Washington Department of Agriculture and is gleaned directly from said e-mail.
The Washington State Department of Agriculture (WSDA) has recently updated the list of pesticides that are allowed for use in marijuana production in Washington State, based on criteria previously established by WSDA.
The WSDA has added 12 pesticides to the list of allowable products, and has removed 15 pesticides because the registrations for their distribution in Washington were voluntarily cancelled, or because the labels were no longer consistent with WSDA criteria.
In addition, WSDA has added two new columns to the list to designate Section 3 pesticides that are subject to Worker Protection Standard (WPS) requirements, and Section 3 pesticides that are limited to use by non-commercial marijuana growers (e.g., use allowed on home grown marijuana) only.
Please check your stock of pesticides against the list to ensure that you are using an allowed product.
Marijuana growers can continue to use any existing stocks of the 15 pesticides that were removed from the list, but no new product can be purchased.
All of the pesticides that were added to the list contain active ingredients that were already allowed for use in marijuana production.
Some pesticides are labeled for application to soil or to crop plants, while some pesticides are labeled for application to both soil and crop plants (e.g., insecticides, fungicides).
Other pesticides include herbicides labeled for direct application to, and control of, unwanted plants (i.e., weeds). Remember to read, understand, and comply with all applicable label directions and precautions when using any pesticide.
- AVENGER AG OPTIMA, EPA Reg. No. 92967-4
- AZAMAX, EPA Reg. No. 71908-1-81268
- AZERA GARDENING, EPA Reg. No. 1021-1872
- BELCHIM IRONFIST SLUG AND SNAIL BAIT, EPA Reg. No. 67702-32-87865
- FIREWORXX, EPA Reg. No. 67702-54-59807
- PERAGREEN 15%, EPA Reg. No. 63838-2
- ZEROTOL HC, EPA Reg. No. 70299-16
- AGROPEST, WA Reg. No. 997700-19001
- DELIVERANCE, WA Reg. No. 89943-19002
- ECO-1 FRUIT & VEGETABLE SPRAY CONCENTRATE, WA Reg. No. 74578-19001
- ECO-1 FRUIT & VEGETABLE SPRAY READY TO USE, WA Reg. No. 74578-19002
- MERCENARY, WA Reg. No. 997480-18001
Removed – Voluntary cancellation, or label no longer consistent with WSDA criteria
- 1600 X-CLUDE FORMULA 2 MICROENCAPSULATED INSECTICIDE, EPA Reg. No. 499-539
- AGRI-FOS SYSTEMIC FUNGICIDE, EPA Reg. No. 71962-1
- AVENGER AG BURNDOWN HERBICIDE, EPA Reg. No. 82052-4
- AVENGER AG OPTIMA, EPA Reg. No. 82052-4
- AZAPRO, EPA Reg. No. 92629-1
- BIOSIDE HS 15%, EPA Reg. No. 63838-2
- BONIDE BON-NEEM II FUNGICIDE/MITICIDE/INSECTICIDE CONCENTRATE, EPA Reg. No. 70051-75-4
- DESECT DIATOMACEOUS EARTH INSECTICIDE, EPA Reg. No. 7655-1
- FINALSAN TOTAL VEGETATION KILLER, EPA Reg. No. 67702-8-87865
- QUIK-FIRE, EPA Reg. No. 67702-8-17545
- MOLE & VOLE STOPPER GRANULAR, WA Reg. No. 82165-12005
- PURE 3-WAY, WA Reg. No. 998220-13002
- PURE 3-WAY COMMERCIAL, WA Reg. No. 998220-16002
- PURE KAPOW, WA Reg. No. 998220-13001
- PURE KAPOW COMMERCIAL, WA Reg. No. 998220-16001
You can find the complete list of pesticides that are allowed for use in marijuana production, the criteria WSDA used to establish the list, and information regarding statewide stop-sale orders in Washington on the WSDA web site:
- For information regarding the registration of pesticides and fertilizers, please contact the WSDA Pesticide and Fertilizer Registration Section.
Email for pesticide registration: email@example.com
Email for fertilizer registration: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For information regarding how to comply with the pesticide label, please contact the WSDA Pesticide Compliance Program.
- For any other questions, please contact your Liquor and Cannabis Board enforcement officer.
Leave a Reply