Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Confidence Analytics is an industry leader in the field of cannabis quality assurance testing.
We are a full-service chemical analytical and microbiology laboratory serving the I-502 regulated marketplace.
We are seeking an entry-level analyst/technician to support our laboratory operations and grow with our team.
Laboratory Analyst 1 personnel are responsible for routine activities in the lab, performing I-502 and R & D tests on a variety of cannabis products.
Lab Analyst 1 employees receive and prepare samples to analyze loss on drying, water activity, foreign matter, cannabinoid concentrations, microbial contamination, terpenes, residual solvents, mycotoxins, chemical residues/pesticides, and other tests as needed.
Analysts are required to keep lab facilities clean and orderly to facilitate accurate and efficient testing.
Analysts track all work to ensure data is entered to the Confidence Analytics Laboratory software system correctly and in timely fashion.
* Weigh and photograph each sample and record sample notes as needed.
* Ensure samples are properly labelled throughout all phases of the testing process.
* Prepare and label sample test tubes and vials for various tests.
* Examine samples for foreign matter and macroscopic contaminants such as spider mites or mold and inspect samples with a microscope when needed.
* Prepare samples for testing, closely following the SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) for each test.
* Collect and weigh sub-samples for HPLC, microbial analysis, and GC-FID, GCMS, and LCMS.
* Ensure timely and accurate entry of data into the LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System) at every step.
* Accurately dispense appropriate solvents and perform dilutions.
* Operate vortexer, ball mill, sonicator, and centrifuge.
* Configure sequences and set up runs on various instrumentation.
* Prepare agar plates for microbial enumerations.
* Operate spiral plater.
* Perform microbial colony counts according to SOP.
* Maintain sample chain of custody from intake through sample storage, archive, and disposal.
* Clean equipment and laboratory area daily and properly dispose of laboratory wastes.
* Safely handle and ensure proper disposal of potentially hazardous materials.
* Adhere to safety and sanitation standards including use of goggles, lab coats, appropriate footwear, etc.
* Other duties as required.
Skills, Traits, and Qualifications
* Accuracy and attention to detail, both with physical tasks and data entry.
* Ability to follow complex instructions and strictly adhere to SOPs.
* Understanding of basic lab procedures and terminology, including use of logs and laboratory notebooks.
* Familiarity with proper use of common lab equipment including, but not limited to: analytical balance, pipette, centrifuge, and microscope.
* Ability to perform repetitive tasks without sacrificing performance.
* Communicates well with team members and supervisors.
* Ability to work independently once trained.
* Curious about cannabis chemistry and open to growth.
* Cares about the success and integrity of the legal cannabis industry.
* Professional demeanor and ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
* Good math skills, including familiarity with basic calculations and conversions.
* Degree in a scientific field preferred.
* Good hand-eye coordination.
* Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
This is a full-time position requiring a commitment of 32-40 hours per week. Some flexibility is possible, but the schedule must include Wednesday – Saturday from 10am – 5pm. Days off will be Sunday-Monday or Monday-Tuesday.
Location, Pay, and Benefits
Location: Redmond, WA 98052
Hourly wage: $14-16 per hour, DOE
Position Type: hire
Full-time employees are eligible for paid time off and enrollment in company health, dental, and vision insurance plans.
How to Apply
Please take some time to review our website before applying: https://www.conflabs.com. Then send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. In your cover letter, let us know what aspects of our organization most interest you as a potential employee.