Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Tilray is a global leader in cannabis research, cultivation, processing and distribution. We aspire to lead, legitimize and define the future of our industry by building the world’s most trusted cannabis company. We are committed to setting the gold standard of care and excellence in our industry. We believe that commitment starts with a great work environment and benefits for our associates.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry? Tilray’s values guide each employee’s work every day.
Those values are:
Act with Integrity – we rely on honest, transparent and trustworthy behavior and communication
Be Steadfast – we have an unwavering obligation to our patients, consumers, providers, colleagues and community to be sincere, accountable and responsive.
Care – to achieve abundance in our crops and our lives, we must act with passion, focus and dedication
Collaborate – we believe that none of us is as smart as all of us and together we succeed
Pursue Excellence – we believe in our ability to spark innovation, achieve greatness, and overcome any risk, challenge or failure met along the way.
Reporting to the Manager, Human Resources, the HR Business Partner (HRBP), will be responsible for maintaining and administration of Tilray Human Resource policies and programs. HRBP supports management and employees to work towards departmental and company goals. Possess a strong knowledge of multiple facets of Human Resource with an emphasis on Performance Management, Employee Relations and Change Management. The incumbent will demonstrate a proactive and solution orientation and excel in the competencies of: HR subject matter expertise; accurate, targeted and concise communication; proactive collaboration, and meaningful reporting.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide customer services by partnering with clients to manage performance, employee relations, compensation, training and development, records management, succession planning, and retention.
- Participate and collaborate in the administration, research, development and implementation of human resources policies, procedures, and practices.
- Conduct investigations, recommend progressive discipline in collaboration with client area manager.
- In consultation with HR Manager, creates development plans and Corrective Action Plan (CAP) with stakeholder departments.
- Ensure compliance and communication of employment standards, legal requirements and advising on needed actions.
- Provide direction on leave and disability programs.
- Document human resources actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- Support the planning of on-site initiatives, events and projects.
- Coordinate the planning, scheduling, delivery and recording of training events.
- Maintain statistics, records, and prepare reports upon request.
- Facilitate and promote a collective team approach that enhances our corporate culture based on company values across the organization.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Formal post-secondary education and/or training in Human Resources or equivalent experience
- Chartered Human Resources Professional (CPHR) designation would be an asset
- Minimum 5 years prior experience working in a similar role
- Ability to be the visible, front-line representative for human resources on site
- Strong administrative, multi-tasking, time management, and planning and organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Proven professionalism and confidentiality
- Strong computer proficiency, specifically using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Office etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication (both written and verbal), and relationship-building skills
- Presentation skills are an asset
- Flexible, open, and approachable attitude
- Ability to work with minimal supervision as well as within a collaborative team setting