Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
Kush is growing exponentially. Back in 2014, we were the 1st legal cannabis tour company in Seattle but our pivot in 2017 to a digital cannabis and hemp marketplace is blowing up. Our marketplace was first to market and is the only multi-state platform for licensed cannabis buyers and sellers. Think e-bay for wholesale buyers and sellers of cannabis and hemp. Our print & digital advertising product and trade shows have proven an excellent lead source for growth and have allowed us to build a stellar brand in the rapidly growing marijuana industry. We are now poised to take our company national. We’re looking for a smart, motivated, entrepreneurial individual to join our leadership team as the VP of Sales and Marketing and lead our national expansion. Our mission is to drive the cannabis and hemp industry toward responsible growth and global acceptance. Are you up for the challenge?
Lead the Sales and Marketing Team
Our company is scaling and so is our team. The Vice President of Sales and Marketing will be responsible for our national expansion as well as oversee the current staff of 15 highly effective people including a Director of Sales, Director of Marketing and a production staff. As a sales team, we plan to scale to over 35 professionals in the next 8 months. The VP of Sales will be leading this effort and be responsible for our corporate revenue targets. Our company vision is to be the leading Hemp and Cannabis exchange where you can buy and sell instantly. Our sales team is at the heart of this vision.
Establish and Execute on Corporate Goals
Every goal has tactics. As the VP of Sales and Marketing, you will lead a team to execute on our established tactics as well as continue to refine and develop our sales plan. The founding team is incredibly excited to find the perfect person to join our executive ranks. We will look to you to bring your experience to a young startup with unlimited potential.
Expand Our Team as a Sales Driven Organization
We plan on extreme growth over the next year, and we need the right person who can recruit as well as lead. The outside sales team is new. This person will build that team and lead our current internal sales team. The outside sales team will be active throughout the country focused on both Hemp and Cannabis depending on the region. To be successful in this position, you’ll need to be able to confidently wear many hats with a smile.
* You were the #1 or #2 in the sales team of a venture-backed company that built revenues to over $100 million in annual sales
* You have successfully hired and built a sales team
* You have established best practices and developed OKR’s for a rapidly growing sales team
* You’re capable of building out a company CRM
* Knowledge of Hemp and Cannabis market or similar industry (preferred)
* Understand the importance of goals, metrics, and accountability
* Experience analyzing data and reporting performance on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
* Work closely with product team for enhancements and feature development
* Proficient computer skills
* Budget and cost analysis experience
* Project management experience
* Experience running large scope projects with cross-over departments and large teams
* Recognize opportunities to grow as a company and lead expansion into new regions.
* 10+ years Enterprise Sales Experience
* 2-3 years Cannabis Industry Experience (Preferred)
* Successful background check
Skills and Qualifications:
Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, Organized, Self Starter, Able to Travel, Type +40 WPM, verbal and written communication. Must have reliable transportation.
Please submit a resume and cover letter for consideration. Find out more at KushMarketplace.com
* $100,000.00 – $135,000 / year
* +Stock Options
* +Performance Based Bonus
* Bachelors Degree in Business (Required)
* Seattle, WA (Required)
* English (Required)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00 to $135,000.00 /year
- Sales: 8 years (Preferred)
- Sales Management: 6 years (Preferred)
- Master’s (Preferred)
- Seattle, WA (Required)
- 75% (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedules