Note: All information posted here was gleaned from the Indeed.com job listing. Please contact original recruiter with questions or to apply.
We are a licensed I-502 Marijuana Processor for the state of Washington. Our company focuses on high-quality concentrate and edible products and has already built relationships with several high-volume retail stores. We have a fun team with high integrity, and the growth potential at our company is huge!
The Controller will be responsible for providing comprehensive financial leadership in a fast-growing company. They are responsible for the accurate reporting of results and maintenance of the company’s assets, through balance sheet integrity and providing a rigorous control environment. The Controller will lead the financial team in Washington and is accountable for all State-level responsibilities, including general accounting, payables, order entry, billing, cost accounting, bill of materials, business analysis, financial reporting, sales management, and computer operations. They will report to both the Senior Executive Team in Washington and have a dotted-line reporting relationship to the Toronto Office. The Controller will also be responsible for the initial financial reporting of the planned expansion into other markets.
- Prepare monthly reports of results, monthly forecasts, annual operating plan, and strategic planning.
- Responsible for internal controls at the plant for operations, sales and finance.
- Analyze and accurately report current month’s financial results to the plant, sales, and corporate management in accordance with corporate format and time requirements.
- Submit all financial transactions, transmissions, and reporting on a timely and accurate basis.
- Ensure accuracy of the physical inventory and reported results. Investigate and explain book to physical adjustments.
- Perform audits of bills of materials to ensure product costs are accurate and accounted for properly. Report audit results monthly.
- Ensure timely and accurate input of bill of material and price code changes.
- Ensure bill of material and costing accurately reflect production operations.
- Maintain a perpetual inventory for finished goods and reconcile this perpetual to production, shipping, and returns.
- Conduct formal meetings with manufacturing, finance and sales management teams to discuss all plant efficiency and productivity issues.
- Document and understand ERP/MRP systems, hardware, and reporting conventions.
- Analyze potential excess and obsolete inventory items monthly.
- Reconcile all inter-company accounts monthly.
- Analyze internal controls to ensure assets are adequately safeguarded and results are accurately reported.
- Assure adherence to International Financial Reporting Standards and resolve questions of IFRS and internal controls with corporate financial management.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS. in accounting or business administration; MBA and CPA preferred
- 5-10 years as controller or cost manager in a manufacturing environment
- Previous experience implementing reporting controls, processes and accounting framework
- Able to manage competing priorities and deadlines
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Excel and ERP/MRP systems.
Job Type: Full-time
- Cost Control: 5 years (Preferred)
- Financial Accounting: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Kirkland, WA 98034 (Preferred)
- CPA (Preferred)
- Other forms
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts